MINIATURE POTTERY HOUSES.

I was given these (7) miniature houses many years ago.  They have been sitting in a drawer ever since.  could anyone tell me if they are made by a significant maker or shop etc.   The lady was not one to buy junk. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Do a Google Images search for David Winter miniature cottages.  I'm not sure if yours are David Winter pieces but you might get a lead from this search.

Also search eBay too, current and completed auctions.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@nett_nanny wrote:

Do a Google Images search for David Winter miniature cottages.  I'm not sure if yours are David Winter pieces but you might get a lead from this search.

Also search eBay too, current and completed auctions.

Very good advice. If these do not have their original stickers on the base (or some other identification) it will probably be quite hard to identify the maker; there were quite a few  manufacturers who made / make similar items. For obvious reasons they are much more popular in the UK than here; and many, many for sale on eBay.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hi....Thanks for the response.  I did a google and ebay search before listing here, there was so much info,  I kept on going around in circles

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If its any help, all the lilliput Lane houses have the name on the side of the base bit, engraved into it. I had something like 30 of them in my store and each had the name at the side.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thank,,Ihave had a look,  there are no names engraved in the base.    Thanks Ross

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply