Royal Doulton Gaffers Dish

Hi there.  A friend has given me a Royal Doulton Gaffers dish to research and whilst I've found some current and sold listings here for Gaffer items, I've not been able to find her dish.  I've also Googled Gaffer and have come up with lots of webpages of items for sale, but nothing for this particular one.

My questions are - is it worth listing and, if so, what would be an appropriate starting price?  Or should she just include it in her garage sale.

It is in perfect condition, with no marks, chips, cracks or crazing or any sign of wear or use.  It is 19cm in diameter.

Thanks in advance

Yellow

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Royal Doulton Gaffers Dish

While I can't see this particular shape, I do know that this kind of Doulton series ware is becoming more and more difficult to sell. Because there is soooo much of it. Why not give it a try at auction at say $25 starting price? If by some chance it is a rare shape, it will certainly attract attention and find its true price. If it doesn't sell it can always go in the garage sale. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for your help Siddieswans.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hi Yellow,

Just noted your post from a couple of weeks ago (I don't come here often). I buy and sell a fair bit of Doulton Series Ware which is the period this piece comes from. Nice shape and not so common but definitely not rare. Gaffers pieces are pretty common and as such, prices are probably a bit subdued. For what its worth, I would be happy to own this piece for $50.00-$60.00. Antique shop price would be about $125.00. A bit good for a garage sale I would have thought. Hope this helps.

Regards

wontthatone8

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply