Saying goodbye.......

Since 2005 I have traded on ebay as writingcj and classglass14, but now I must say farewell to those great people who bought off me - some of you returned many times over the years and it was like hearing from old friends when little messages appeared on the order details page!

20 years ago I had a heart attack and died twice, 4 years later the same thing, but I survived so I've had 20 years of 'extra time' but now I have only a few months at the most and am too ill to continue with my ebay addiction. 

I have been a 'bowerbird' all of my like and built up many great collections through ebay, most are gone now, mostly on ebay!The remaining items and my beloved glass collection will go to auction at Hayes in Perth over the next few mnths - they have online bidding so ebayers have an opportunity to grab some stock!

Classglass14 closes on March 31, most listings have been removed as catalogued for Hayes, my final BAS will be sent off soon (not sad aboiut that!) but writingcj has not traded for some time. My daughter, marketjac, has sold some of my things for me but has a busy job so will most likely be selling only spasmodically.

I thank you all for my buying and selling experiences, and hope that ebay will recognise the value that small traders bring to the site with the collectable, weird, wonderful and fascinating items that only small traders can provide. 

Thank you 

Christine

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Saying goodbye.......

What a sad message to find this morning. I am very happy for you that you had those bonus years to spend with your family and friends, and to indulge your glass "addiction".

I hope that some of your former customers may read this, and remember you fondly, but sadly this Board is a poor shadow of the vibrant place it was when I joined eBay in 2003. Then there were lots of new posts, often many every day, and there were continuing threads on collecting topics, including those where members showed off their new acquisitions, or showcased their collections. I know I looked forward to the "alphabet" series of "collections" and What's New This Month.

Now sadly most of those friendly, helpful and knowledgeable people have gone elsewhere, which only reflects what eBay has become. Far from the world of "collectable, weird, wonderful and fascinating items that only small traders can provide", eBay has now become the province of high street traders; eBay's new rules and policies (introduced at frightening speed) all seemingly designed to force out those small traders of unique, second hand items and collectables. So Christine, you may be saying "goodbye" to eBay but sadly it is not the same eBay that you joined 10 years ago. Still nothing remains the same.

I hope that your remaining treasures find appreciative homes, and that your last times are peaceful ones.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Saying goodbye.......

@classglass14 wrote:

Since 2005 I have traded on ebay as writingcj and classglass14, but now I must say farewell to those great people who bought off me - some of you returned many times over the years and it was like hearing from old friends when little messages appeared on the order details page!

20 years ago I had a heart attack and died twice, 4 years later the same thing, but I survived so I've had 20 years of 'extra time' but now I have only a few months at the most and am too ill to continue with my ebay addiction. 

I have been a 'bowerbird' all of my like and built up many great collections through ebay, most are gone now, mostly on ebay!The remaining items and my beloved glass collection will go to auction at Hayes in Perth over the next few mnths - they have online bidding so ebayers have an opportunity to grab some stock!

Classglass14 closes on March 31, most listings have been removed as catalogued for Hayes, my final BAS will be sent off soon (not sad aboiut that!) but writingcj has not traded for some time. My daughter, marketjac, has sold some of my things for me but has a busy job so will most likely be selling only spasmodically.

I thank you all for my buying and selling experiences, and hope that ebay will recognise the value that small traders bring to the site with the collectable, weird, wonderful and fascinating items that only small traders can provide. 

Thank you 

Christine

All I can say Christine, is THANK YOU. XXXXXXXXXXXX from the inner most depths of my Soul.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Saying goodbye.......

Thank you - sadly ebay is just another shopping mall these days, mass produced,' big time' sellers, mass produced junk. I do miss the old ebay when it was fun to scroll through listings and not see 'Victorian style' rather than Victorian! Good luck!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Saying goodbye.......

Thank you. I will still watch ebay but it does say volumes about what it has become that 'returns' are the BIG subject!!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Saying goodbye.......

Without knowing you, I can see you have nurtured many wonderful traits in lots of people whom have crossed your journey.

Your legacy no doubt is and has already been playing out.

I often find comfort in knowing the world is a better place for my actions and so should you.

Maybe you need to change your ebay ID to "classlady". 

Thank you for making the world a better place Christine.

image host
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply