Tender contract forms 1923 For the Sidney Harbour Arch & Cantilever Bridge

Hello Mates. Do you think there would be any interest in these two blank tender contract forms published by The Deparment of Public Works of New South Wales 1923. They are blank and I recieved them from the Phelps Johnson estate.He was the President and Chief Engineer of the Dominion Bridge Company, who succesfully built the first Cantiever Bridge over the Saint Lawrance River. I'm not interested in determining price but I would like to know if this might be an interest to a collector in your country.

I appreciate any thoughts you might have. Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I am no expert but I imagine they would be. Details of the tender process can be found here:

http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/state-archives/guides-and-finding-aids/archives-in-brief/archives-in-b...

I cannot be sure from your email whether these are the 7 page tender forms or the more extensive book described here:

"New South Wales. Public Works Department.

Contract for the construction of a cantilever bridge or an arch bridge across Sydney Harbour from Dawes Point to Milson's Point.
Sydney : J. Spence, Govt. Printer, 1923

Book
New South Wales. Public Works Department.

Contains also "Tender form," 7 p.

130 pages : illustrations, maps ; 32 cm"

You might like to contact one of our major ephemera  sellers like Mossgreen Auctions (Books & Historical Documents - there is a link to Charles Leski on their web site) or even Josef Lebovic.

Just make sure you get the spelling of SYDNEY right! Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

There are numerous keen collectors of Sydney Harbour Bridge Memorabilia, I for one would have clients interested in this type of material, so do let me know if you do decide to auction it on Ebay Regards Steve
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply