Vintage ice bucket

5kazam
Community Member

The only information I can glean is that this is circa late '40's, early 50's.  Wedding present to someone's mother - someone is now in her mid/late 50s, and it depends on where she came in the production line of offspring, and how long mother waited to have children at all, as to the dating of this.

I know it's hard from photos, but -

1. Is it Chinese, Japanese or wherever?

2. Any idea of the metal?  I've cleaned one leg and it's base (using coconut oil which is not damaging in any way)

3. The internal lining is green plastic

4. There are no makers marks to give any idea where it originated

5. It weights approx 3kg, and is 20cm diameter x 20cm high (not including the handles)

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Vintage ice bucket

5kazam
Community Member

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Vintage ice bucket

Don't know whether it's just me having a bad hair day, but I used to be able to post pics via the mountain icon.  Not happening today, and the bots didn't like me trying to find out how.  Yelled at me in pink and I got told I was 'post flooding'.  I wonder if bots can get a life ???

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Vintage ice bucket

Chinese. Made in Taiwan in 1960's.

http://www.rubylane.com/item/166180-ICEx20BUCKETx20CHINESEx20METALx20MED/1960x27s-Shiang-Dynasty-Chi...

download.jpg

On the above site selling for US$89

Also on etsy for US$28

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Vintage ice bucket

Thanks for your response.  I really do wish my google skills would/could improve.  Spent ages looking for 'this' one, and didn't find anything remotely like it.   But that's a pefect match.  

It's pretty cool though isn't it!!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Vintage ice bucket

It is a very nice looking piece and if not used would look good as a piece on the right sideboard or as a floor deco in front of a Japanese screen with some bamboo plants.

image host
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply