Winston Churchill, I need help to identify?

reyjr1952
Community Member

As a result of family deceased estate I have a Winston Churchill Bust which is carved from a type of timber but its actual use is as a vintage cigar striker as the base is hollow to hold lighter fluid and it has a striker plate but I don't know where I would take it to get advice on age, I believe it's about 70 years old, can anyone suggest an avenue for me to check out and to perhaps suggest value

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Winston Churchill, I need help to identify?

As a result of family deceased estate I have a Winston Churchill Bust which is carved from a type of timber but its actual use is as a vintage cigar striker as the base is hollow to hold lighter fluid and it has a striker plate but I don't know where I would take it to get advice on age, I believe it's about 70 years old, can anyone suggest an avenue for me to check out and to perhaps suggest value

Try Googling "Wintson Churchill" "Cigar lighter" . Most results are described as "plaster bust (bronzed) modelled by Peter Lambda during WW2, made by Tallent, with initials "PL" & "VBV" (caster) on reverse." Apparently it is important to have the cigar intact. "The removable cigar is a touch tip striker." Is yours like this? (There are several images through Google.) I see the prices vary widely from £82 to $750. The one advertised in a Leski sale 2006 was estimated $500 - $600  but failed to sell.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Winston Churchill, I need help to identify?

reyjr1952
Community Member

Thanks for that, yes that sounds just like mine but  I will check it out on google, but yes unfortunately the cigar lighter is what is missing but maybe I can find someway of replacing it. I really appreciate your feedback, using the discussion board was a bit of a last resort but I guess it's what its there for, thankyou again.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply