advise please on sewing basket

ooak3
Community Member

hello

could anyone advise me please on a 106 year old sewing basket that i have listed 

the item number is  111767785315  (very sorry i dont know how to add a picture on here)

i have no idea if it is worth anything so i just took a wild guess at a starting price (had no interest)

i dont care if it sells or not but i just dont want to throw something out if it would give someone pleassure to collect it 

i think it is in poor condition but it is so old im unsure about just tossing it in the bin

any advise would be appreciated Woman Happy

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

As you say, it is quite broken, so I think it has little value as a useful article. As a collectable - well, if you were able through some research to show who Hilda Halliwell (I think) was, and what significance the "housewifery prize" had, then maybe it would have some significance for a local collector. However you say it is an "English" basket, and the only reference I could find to "housewifery prize" is in Hull, Yorkshire (where Halliwell is a common name) so I would assume it is of UK rather than local interest. If it were mine, I would not be confident of selling it.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

thank you for your time on this question

it makes a lot of sense to me i will have a bit of a try and search i dont realy think its of any value but i dont know anything about collectables so i thought id better ask 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

sorry answered under wrong user name Woman Embarassed

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply