c1910s german dollshead in original box

c1910s possibly turn of the century in original box with pieces dolls head and arms - porcelain? feels like wax - what is bisque???. made in Germany, think it says girl on the side, the hair is immaculate. selling for a friend, would like to know , I'm in chatswood NSW, how much she could reasonably expect. I know there are serious dolls collectors out there. they used to use these for their nightie storers on the end of their beds - amongst other things. from the top of her head to bottom of the bust measures 14cm.  message me for more info. thanks not the normal sort of thing I'd sell on ebay but will list when I know more thanks Pen

sorry having trouble uploading photos through browse attachments?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I am only guessing here but could she be a "boudoir doll"? Try searching in the completed listings - there are several there with a painted silk face - may be like yours?

To add a photo click on the picture of the tree, Browse if its on your own computer, or From another site if you want to copy and paste from say Photobucket. There is a maximum size for uploaded photos but anything that you would use on eBay will be fine. Once the image has uploaded hit Insert.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

030.JPG

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

good work!

I would say the head and arms for a boudoir doll, I assume composition construction. They could also be used as doll lamps (fittings and bulb under wide skirts) - if those are wires hanging from the torso, that could explain them. What they are worth as just parts, in the original box, I have no idea. Apparently they date approx 1910-1940. I have seen just a pair of arms for sale for $25. We used to have a doll expert here ..........

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

thanks ss.

I had it on a FB group since yesterday and I've had 2 replies how much, even if I put a price on it on ebay i need to be realistic / while not underselling it.  thanks for that info.  this is the box

have attached another piccie027.JPG

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply