ebay recently tried to focre a refund on a fraudulent claim.

Recently I had a claim from a  buyer through Ebay that they had not purchased or paid for an item that had come from their account, and Ebay as usual took their side even though they had marked the item as received and left positive feedback.  Due to my background I carried out my own investigations and finally I confronted the buyer with my investigations and they admitted that they had received the item and had purchased it and paid for it but when it came up on their credit card they lodged a dispute with the bank.  I asked them to contact Ebay and confirm this and to also contact their bank but they never complied.  I contacted ebay on their phone line and told them the results of my investigations and that the claim was fraudulent the person said that they would look into it but would probably rule against me as I had no tracking number due to it being a cheaper item.  I allowed them several weeks to do this and then received the email that they had deducted the money from my account and ruled against me and refunded the money to the buyer.  I then lodged an appeal and advised them that as they were aware that the claim was fraudulent and they then took the side of the buyer they also committed the same  fraud offence as the person lodging the claim and I was commencing a complaint to the NSW Police to lodge a fraud complaint against Ebay.  I lodged the claim with Ebay and within a few minutes I received an email that they had refunded the money back to me and were taking no further action against me. I am still thinking of lodging the complaint with Police as Ebay needs to get their act together and start listening to sellers and looking out for fraudulent claimants .

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Good luck with the Po Po.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

The lesson is use tracking

I think the police will really be interested in a low value item, which you claim was fraudulent

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

So ebay is supposed to accept your  verbal advice,  as proof of fraud.  Get real.  The info you gave ebay is meaningless.  Hope your investigation did not breach any privacy laws, etc.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply