help needed with print advertisements please

I think there is at least one person who knows about ads from magazines who reads this board.

I am finally going to list some but what do buyers want and need in the listing?

Do they need the size accurate? The name of the magazine it was taken from?

and how detailed does any damage need to be? I have a back page in front of me and it has some creases etc because it is a back page. Do buyers want all the creases mentioned or just a few and some extra photos OR do they not sell with any damage at all?

Thanks for any help

Terri
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: help needed with print advertisements please

viewmont is the poster i think.  i seem to remember him talking adds.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I have found a great one to start with ๐Ÿ˜‰

Terri
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I have just listed a couple so any criticism is gratefully received.

Terri
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Hi Mud!  I have sold lots of ads over the years on ebay...I find its best to sort them into size lots, and just keep selling similar.  Then to retain them in alphabetical order, so that you can easily find them again. I give an overview description to say that I have lots, and all vary in condition - but any major defects will be pointed out.  I dont bother about the dates or which mag they came from, but could be beneficial for thoses wanting ads which are magazine specific. Hope that helps. Paul

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks Paul, I already have some ready for tonight and will make some changes to the rest.

The alphabetical order hint is excellent.

Terri
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

tipsypixie
Community Member

OMG, OMG - I haven't been here for years, having a bit of a look around and thought I'd have a look at your ad' listings Terri. The JPS "Black a Winner" - I did, I won a trip to the Melbourne cup in 1984 because I sent in 2 empty packs of JPS.  I'd actually given up smoking at the time but the method I was using recommended leaving empty packets lying around (can't quite remember why), so I mailed them off and won a trip.

It was very exciting, looked after beautifully with loads of bubbles and $100 betting money was given to all the lucky winners.  We all won because the only connection to JPS Black and Gold that year was Silver Knight who was sired by Black Knight (a previous winner).  I'd put up a promotional pic but as luck would have it I actually packed my albums all up this morning (on the move again!).

Obviously I was meant to look in here today for some strange reason.

Cheers

C.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Well you were sure meant to look in here. LOL

Terri
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply