knighthood medal and pope knighthood medal

hi all what section would you list knighthood medal  i have a estate lot of a embassador to australia he had 2 knighthoods and outher medal  and photos and his passport were would you list these to get the best exposure

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

wow. (just wanted to say that) Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Fantastic stuff. The medals could go in Coins - Exonumia; you could do a double listing (would be worth it) in Collectables - Cultural & Religious - Religious. The photos under Collectables - posters & photographic - photographic images OR Collectables - Historical Memorabilia - political. You wouldn't think you will be able to sell the passports on eBay

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/government-ids-licenses.html

though it appear that others do - maybe if it is cancelled (and you would REALLY need to put that in the title.)

Otherwise I don't really think it matters much where you list it - just a good clear title with all the important info in - anyone seriously looking will be searching for words, not just in specific categories. And good luck!

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

i am hopless at selling  as you can see by my typing skills siddie you want to list it for me  or on commision  any way how do you do multible catagorise  i think they all should stay as one lot as the medals would be worth more with the provernace of the passport do you think

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Dont you think they should be given to any next of kin if they want them rather than auction off his hard earnt commendations?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

there was no next of kin he was the last he never married and had no siblings
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

there was no next of kin he was the last he never married and had no siblings

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

either way, i would check the legalities of selling a knighthood and in particular someone elses passport. wouldnt want ASIO or the AFP knocking on your door.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

its dated  1982 and is out of date and i bought it from a auction and you can sell out of date passports born in 1891 think he might be a bit old

@bsal6160 wrote:

either way, i would check the legalities of selling a knighthood and in particular someone elses passport. wouldnt want ASIO or the AFP knocking on your door.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

just saying, better off to check first than regret later.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply