knighthood medal and pope knighthood medal

hi all what section would you list knighthood medal  i have a estate lot of a embassador to australia he had 2 knighthoods and outher medal  and photos and his passport were would you list these to get the best exposure

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

so how do you multi catagorie items were is this function

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@4725shane wrote:

so how do you multi catagorie items were is this function

You simply list in 2 categories - pick one and underneath there is another option - Add a Second Category. This will cost you extra - if you are using a Free Listing, adding a second category will cost you (even though the first one may be free.) You can only choose a maximum of 2 categories. Of COURSE you can list this yourself - but contact me as before if I can help. I have no problem about you selling them - I often sell personal family items - sometimes no-one in the family wants them, and sometimes (like your case) there is no family. They were probably sold off originally by the executors for the estate anyway. If the passport is cancelled there should be no problem. The knighthood is only a medal - the USA have a problem selling ACTIVE military medals but these are civilian (actually religious) awards.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

thanks siddie  i have listed them

i got my kids to work it out i am abuyer not a seller

thanks again see if you can find it

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Hi Shane

My suggestion? Change the title to

ESTATE LOT 2 PAPAL KNIGHTHOOD MEDALS DUTCH AMBASSADOR TO AUSTRALIA 1950s PHOTOS

Everything else is fine but I think you should have that info about Papal and Dutch Ambassador to Australia plus the date in the title. The title is what most people search for. No-one serious searches for rare or unique - though your items are, you would be amazed at what some epople think is rare or unique.

IMPORTANT If you want to post overseas  you should also go into your listing and change posting to International. At the moment you have it set to Australia only and that means Overseas people won't be able to bid, and may not be able to see it (depending on how they have their search set.) I would set it to something like

Calculate - Express Courier International Merchandise - 2Kg. With something valuable like this you don't want to muck around with any other posting method. 2 Kg will allow you plenty of packing. Also I would change Australia postage to something more sensible - flat rate $30 - parcel plus signature - you will certainly want to insure the parcel for full value. I know you have postage will be calculated on your listing but if you have a price set, you are obliged to post at that price, and then you would be out of pocket.

Just my thoughts - you can change anything now early on while you do not have a bid. Good luck with it; I have it on my watch list.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

HAVEING TROUBLE WITH INTERNATIONLA POSTAGE

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

DID IT WORK SIDDIE

AND THANKS MATE

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Yes that's fine Shane - you now have Worldwide Postage showing, so International people will be able to see and bid on your item. You have the postage set at Registered Post International - that's OK but if you do sell overseas PLEASE for your own safety send it Express Courier International Merchandise. This service has FULL on-line tracking - which is required for parcels of that value to USA and UK (and probably other countries) for PayPal protection - for YOU, not for the buyer. It is about $20 more than Registered Post International but I am sure you are prepared to cop that. If it was me, and I sold overseas, I would also insure (Extra Cover) for the full amount but that is something you would have to decide for your self - I must admit to being a belt and braces kind of person. Remember Express Courier International Merchandise - nothing else, not those other services (see Australia Post web site) that sound similar - only Express Courier International Merchandise has the features (full  on-line tracking plus signature on delivery plus the option of Exra Cover) that PayPal reqiures for Seller Protection. Obviously if you sell to Australia, you post with Signature and Extra Cover to the full value, but that will cost much less, nearly covered by your $30 postage fee. Again, good luck!

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply