need help identifying tray

pnc75
Community Member

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. It is from 1978. It is inscribed in the centre - which I've blurred for privacy (someone else's) reasons.

Is it Ranleigh Art Deco?

Thanks in advance; all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@pnc75 wrote:

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. It is from 1978. It is inscribed in the centre - which I've blurred for privacy (someone else's) reasons.

Is it Ranleigh Art Deco?

Hi.

Have exactly the same - from memory either 40s or 50s.

Belonged to my parents.

010.JPG

012.JPG011.JPG

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Check eBay Active and Completed listings for Ranleigh Tray. You will see that there are many similar to yours - they do sell, often for wildly differing amounts. The nice bright shiny ones obviously do best. Postage will be costly, so those with Pick Up Only or postage built into the price also seem to sell better. It may be that yours IS Ranleigh and had a label on the back (which many seem to have had)  which has been lost; you could say Ranleigh style if you think it matters. Pick a price (or auction start) which seems to take into account both the condition and postage cost. I would also act fairly swiftly; I have found that for some reason vintage silver plate (or similar stainless) cutlery and table accessories are selling well at the moment - at other times you can't give them away.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@pnc75 wrote:

Hi All,

Is it Ranleigh Art Deco?

Hi.

Have exactly the same - from memory either 40s or 50s.

Belonged to my parents.

010.JPG

012.JPG011.JPG

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks. Helen. I think this must be a copy, as i can't find any markings on it.

Do you have any idea what they (yous & mine) might be worth?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Check eBay Active and Completed listings for Ranleigh Tray. You will see that there are many similar to yours - they do sell, often for wildly differing amounts. The nice bright shiny ones obviously do best. Postage will be costly, so those with Pick Up Only or postage built into the price also seem to sell better. It may be that yours IS Ranleigh and had a label on the back (which many seem to have had)  which has been lost; you could say Ranleigh style if you think it matters. Pick a price (or auction start) which seems to take into account both the condition and postage cost. I would also act fairly swiftly; I have found that for some reason vintage silver plate (or similar stainless) cutlery and table accessories are selling well at the moment - at other times you can't give them away.  Good luck.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you so much for that. Much appreciated. Unchartered waters for me!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

Thanks. Helen. I think this must be a copy, as i can't find any markings on it.

Do you have any idea what they (yous & mine) might be worth?

Sorry for the delay pnc.

To be quite honest - no idea.

I still use mine.

Robot wink

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Hello pnc75.  My late husband won a tray the same as that in a footrace in the late 1950's.  I still have it.

They were not necessarily marked with the Raleigh stamp, just a sticker.  I have had it packed for years and never listed it because of the high cost of postage.

All the best

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks, redaggy, thanks so much for your help. I think my tray is the real thing as it's exactly the same as all of the ones with the trademark, but without the sticker I obviously can'y claim it as authenic. Oh well....

And couldn't agree with you more abou the p&h!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply