omega and octo

hope some one can help the omega is just a watch no band solid 9 crt gold should i just scrap it

the octo is rolled gold including the strap the third one has no name looks gold strap is 20 microns gold cant find anything about it as nothing on face or back

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

omega and octo

I am not a watch expert, but do know that selling scrap gold is one of the more challenging things you can attempt on eBay. The Omega looks pretty worn (out) to me - have no idea what the possible gold scrap value would be but I don't think it would be very much. The no-name watch is not likely to be worth much as a watch - the plated watch band will have some small gold value - 20 microns is a gold solid plating. The rolled gold watch and band will have even less gold value - depending on the condition it may have some value as a watch but only if it is in good condition and runs well. The gold plate may be worn - I can't tell from the photo. If you do want to sell them as scrap value, be sure to put SCRAP ONLY in the title, and don't weigh anything - the weight is irrelevant. Take a good clear photo of any markings that show the gold / plating, give measurements for the faces of the watches, length and width of the bands - and I would definitely sell to Australia only. Someone with more knowledge of watches may come along.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

omega and octo

ok the third one[now in the daylight] is a omega deville

couldent see the writting last night

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

omega and octo

Ok that's a bit different to no name! Try googling images to find a design that looks like yours. Again value will depend on condition - wear / damage to face etc will greatly decrease value, does the watch go / is it likely to go again? If the watch case is gold / gold plated, it wll say so somewhere.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply