Is there any way that automatic writing can be turned off when sending messages etc -

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Is there any way that automatic writing can be turned off when sending messages etc -

Sorry but I simply could not resist this reply:

With the gift of automatic writing why bother with ebay, you could earn a fortune elsewhere.

"Automatic writing, also called psychography, is a claimed psychic ability allowing a person to produce written words without consciously writing. Practitioners engage in automatic writing by holding a writing instrument and allowing alleged spirits to manipulate the practitioner's hand."

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Re: Is there any way that automatic writing can be turned off when sending messages etc -

You’ll need to explain what you mean by “automatic writing”.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Was'nt sure either?

Actual eBay messages via eBay?

Smart Compose like Gmail uses?

Predictive text?

Ouija board?

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Perhaps the OP is referring to feedback, with its grey example text looking as though the feedback comment is pre-filled…?

Or… OP sits in front of his/her computer, wants to ask a seller a question about an item, and finds instead that an invisible hand has typed, “How much is that doggie in the window?”

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

… or… spookily… some Latin…

quanti illam canis in fenestra?

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Omar Khayyam ?

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Just some doggerel. How a Roman might enquire about the price of a puppy in a window.

I agree, though, that if the moving finger has written, the OP might just have to cry out “Yippee Khayim”, though.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

predictive text or Smart compose like gmail uses YES - I can stop this happening in mail etc BUT not in Ebay and as you're typing the text runs in front of what you are typing and really is offputting - I want to stop this from happening - it has only been doing this for the last couple of months

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Now, Countess, the question has become more complicated. Can the doggie's barking be translated into Latin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqwq4AgMiik

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply