New search window

Today I discovered the new search window format where there are no categories to choose from.  I tried to search for an item and I got sent to a new window with multiple category choices, which led me to another window with multiple category choices and I finally got a list of what I was looking for. 

What the heck is this rubbish system all about?

It was so much quicker to choose a category from the drop down list and enter your search.  The system then provided a list it items that either matched or were similar to your search term.

This new search facility is just dumb and tedious.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

New search window

Not encountered any new search format window here, nothing has changed as far as search goes on things I have looked at

I can't speak for other members

You'd new to question eBay about what it is you are seeing 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

New search window

were you using the app?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

New search window

Gotta love the app.

Stop using it if that's the case....use the full site via your browser.

I haven't had any problems that you've described.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

New search window

Thanks for the reply.  The next time I logged in, which was the next day, the search window was back the way is used to be with a drop down list of Categories.  I don't know what was going on but it is all fine now.  thanks again.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

New search window

Thanks for replying.  I am on a Windows PC using Firefox.  The next day I logged into eBay and the search window was back to the way it used to be with a drop down list of all the Categories.  I can't explain it but it seems to be fine now.  Thanks again.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

New search window

Thanks for the reply.  I am on a Windows PC using Firefox.  The next day I logged into eBay and the search function was back to the way it used to be with a drop down lost of the search categories.  I can't explain why but it seems to be all fine now.  Thank goodness!  Thanks again for the reply.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

New search window

Sounds like just eBay being 'funny'

Glad it went back to normal for you quickly though 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply