Time sequence and bid sequence reporting issues

dpar3518_0-1708864715644.png

Bids closed at 25/02/24 at 19:00 AEDST - My (dpar) bid of $46 was timed as above at 13:57:54 but as one can see a 6**2 $45 bid was timed at 19:00:47 followed by my 2 higher bids of $46 and $55 (a $10 increase against myself ?) but those 2 bids were timed at 13:57:54 -  about 5 hours hours before the so called auto bidding was supposed to place my higher bids after 19:00:47- so what happened after 19:00:47 to my 2 higher bids which had those "wonky/incorrect" times reported?  - I would have thought higher bids would always be recorded at a later time sequence - it is an auction where the higher bid always winning, is it not ? It would seem that auto bidding can follow a very strange sequence in dates and times. The timing below is a exact copy from the full bidding ebay report - dates and times are out of sequence with the increasing bids but maybe there is an explanation which I would like to know.

dpar3518_1-1708867942640.png

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Time sequence and bid sequence reporting issues

@sugar249 wrote:

It only happened because someone else bidded in between, but the bid history is showing it in an odd way.  

I think that's because the OP has clicked on "show automatic bids" in the bid history Sugar.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Hmmm - odd way of showing with even odder times, 5 hours pervious

I dont know what an OP is (Other Person)  and if so how do they make my $55 bid for me

Perhaps the ebay sequence did not show that OP between my $46 and $55 bids but how did the OP know my maximum bid and just bid $1 below it

This whole strange set of issues is research just for my education so thank you to all who tried to explain

No wonder my past bids did not succeed - not bidding at all and one bid just before close (new work - sniping). But why bother, just to get a used item the may only function for a limited time or not at all.

Fortuitously, I was unsuccessful as I researched Logitech possible future support of the on-line database and it  is not good with no current updates of device codes or possible shutdown leaving logitech remotes as paper weights. A Sofabaton U2 is more advanced at a similar price on amazon and with a new warranty and no odd bidding results

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@dpar3518 wrote:

I dont know what an OP is (Other Person)  and if so how do they make my $55 bid for me

OP is either the Original Poster or Original Post.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

@dpar3518,

You posted this thread, hence you are the original poster / opening poster (OP). Your first post in the thread is the original /opening post, hence that also may be referred to as the OP.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@dpar3518 wrote:

Perhaps the ebay sequence did not show that OP between my $46 and $55 bids but how did the OP know my maximum bid and just bid $1 below it

Why are you assuming everything is dodgy,  they don't know ypour maximum bid,  but guess what they can just put in that number which happens to be $1 difference.

I often win auctions because I put in odd amounts,  which trips up people who insist on putting in exact numbers.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Thank you all- a worthwhile research as to the workings of ebay bidding

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply