1960's pre news cartton

Hi all ....hoping someone can help me out here.

I have been trying to find a video clip of a little cartoon that I think came on before the news started. 

The background music is called  Telstar by the Tornados. 

From memory, it was a little planet (Ithink) moving aound the sky and passing the moon etc. 

Here is a link to what the music sounded like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0jUvufQgQo

If anyone can give me the year, what TV channel it was etc, I would be very grateful. My Dad passed away a while ago, and I remember running into the lounge you to sit on his lap and watch it. 

I would so love to see it again.

Cheers 🙂

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

1960's pre news cartton

1960's pre news cartton

1960's pre news cartton

That looks like it Jimmy.  The closest I could find was a BBC news one with a meteor flying around the world but the music wasn't quite right.

Joono
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

1960's pre news cartton

Hi ...thanks for getting back to me.  This click is similar, but there were no robots in the one I saw. 

Cheers

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

1960's pre news cartton

Hi... Do you have the link to the one you found with the meteor flying around the world ?

Maybe that is what I saw.

Cheers 🙂

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

1960's pre news cartton

@prettypaperprints-2011 wrote:

Hi ...thanks for getting back to me.  This click is similar, but there were no robots in the one I saw. 

Cheers

That was gigantor in that video. I don't why it was there, but looking around it sounds like Prince planet, but has a different them song...so probably not it.

Was it black and white? Any more clues?

Prince planet....https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9QDlkj302tA

Had fun looking though. I saw some that I remember talking to my older brother about.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

1960's pre news cartton

Thanks...it is fun looking at all the old stuff again.

It was in black and white and from memory it came on just before the news. I think it was how people new the news was about to come on. I don't remember the channel as I was too young. 

It was a short animated clip where this little planet , I think it was, moved around the sky, passed a smiling moon and I think the milky way had a cow there.

I often have these flash backs of things long ago. I was trying to find the name of a show my Mother used to watch when I was young and all I could remember was being fasinated with all these Kangaroos jumoing around. It took me awhile, but finally found out the show was called Whiplash....all about the begining of Cobb & Co in Australia.

I'm sure my family thought I was mad, but I was finally able to show them the show.

Maybe there is no saved recording of this little TV clip I remember , but thought it was worth a try. The music alone brings back memories.

Cheers

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

1960's pre news cartton

I'm sure there will be more ideas posted.

I just happened to run across this...(close!)

moon.gif

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

1960's pre news cartton

Thanks Jimmy ...that ones cute. Never seen that one before.

Cheers

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply