Andrew Bolt says he 'wasn't going to be humiliated' during unprovoked attack

whilst i will never condone violence this did make me laugh. if you poke a hornets nest long enough you will get stung.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-08/new-footage-of-andrew-bolt-assault/8601374

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@davidc4430 wrote:

whilst i will never condone violence this did make me laugh. if you poke a hornets nest long enough you will get stung.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-08/new-footage-of-andrew-bolt-assault/8601374

It's a bit of a worry when he states:

"the current hostility in Melbourne towards conservatives meant they could not even hold events in the city, pointing to recent cancelled functions involving Dutch politician Geert Wilders and Pauline Hanson.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

So the guy holds different political views to you and broadcasts them to a wider audience than you reach on these forums.. Does that mean he should be physically attacked   ???

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

So the guy holds different political views to you and broadcasts them to a wider audience than you reach on these forums.. Does that mean he should be physically attacked   ???

I agree with you, chameleon.

He has every right to walk down the street without being attacked.

I think he is right. Conservative views aren't in vogue.

You can say just about whatever you like if it's a minority view. Extremist muslim clerics can make their hate speeches and they get away with it. You don't see protesters attacking them (they wouldn't dare).

Gays and others can have their marches and mock christianity (they never dress up as muslim women though and make fun of them. They're gutless that way). If anyone says a word against gay rights though there is an uproar.

And so it goes. 

But left or right of politics, man or woman, gay or straight, black or white-we all have the right to walk down a street without being attacked. We have a right to feel safe.

This time it might be shaving cream but what if it had been a knife?

And I agree with Bolt, the attackers should be made to pay for his suit.

I don't think it should stop at that. I've thought for a while the criminals should have to pay towards fixing some crimes. Graffiti?  House breaking? Let the system snaffle part of their wages or part of their welfare payment before they get it each fortnight. It may never pay the whole lot off but if criminals suffered some real & personal consequences they may think twice.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

where do i say i support physically attaking anyone?

i suspect mr bolt is very happy this happened, its liquid gold to him, free publicity. you cant buy this kind of publicity, who knows maybe he organised it himself, lets see if anyone is brought to justice.

now he can write his bit in the paper saying look at what 'they' do do anyone who has different views.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I don't think he needs free publicity, and he has every right to object to what they

did in any way he chooses.     

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

His political views don't give anyone the right to attack him in this way.

It was despicable.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply