Animal Intelligence

Apparently one of the most important developments that impacted on human intelligence was the knowledge of how to make 'fire'. This allowed cave people to cook their meat. Consequently, less time was spent on chewing and the cooked meat was digested and metabolised much more efficiently. As time passed, the now human brain grew bigger and more grey matter formed. This contributed to humans becoming the dominant species and we have visited the moon, developed cures for diseases and are learning about the secrets of the universe.

It has occurred to me that we are now feeding our dogs and cats cooked food much more than we used to. Is it therefore possible that our pets will eventually become more intelligent than us and take over the household? I am a bit worried because I am positive that my cat will take no prisoners.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Animal Intelligence

Your cat has probably already taken over the household and done it so cleverly so as you don't know it. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Animal Intelligence

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I'm quite certain my cat is trying to murder me at night

Biz Buz 004.jpg

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Animal Intelligence

when-the-cat-is-plotting-to-kill-you-and-the-3761673.png

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Animal Intelligence

That's just not true!  We have been cat prisoners in this house for years!

Resistance is futile.  We have been assimilated ...  Woman Frustrated

borg.jpg

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Animal Intelligence

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Your cat has probably already taken over the household and done it so cleverly so as you don't know it. Smiley Wink

Actually, now I'm even more worried. I've been looking for human-like signs that my cat's brain might be growing. I really wouldn't know how to tell cat signs of increased intelligence. I must always remember that he is a carnivore.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Animal Intelligence

doctormewnew.jpg

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Animal Intelligence

Ah, there is no way your cat will do away with you.

Better to keep you as a slave.

You vacuum up the hairs, provide food, pats whenever summoned and take the poo out. Purrrfect. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Animal Intelligence

This may be our destiny if we're not careful. Makes Planet of the Apes look cheesecake.

Cat future.jpg

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Animal Intelligence

coffee.jpg

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply