At what age is it okay for a sleep over?

For your son/daughter to allow their partners to spend the night (same bed) in your family home?

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

I voted 18+ but it depends on family dynamics?  younger siblings... family values, commitment.....

Message 2 of 73
Latest reply

I voted 18 & over.........you should have had 21 & over as that is when I allowed my son to have his girl friend of a couple of yrs. stay.

I think 18 is still a bit young...... and many 18yr olds only have a g/friend for a couple of months, then it is on to someone new.

Message 3 of 73
Latest reply

thanks Purple taken on board, but i figured once over 18 they are adults but get your drift.

Message 4 of 73
Latest reply

I voted 18+ but it depends on family dynamics?  younger siblings... family values, commitment.....

I agree, there are so many different things to consider. I believe if they have had their partners for a long period of time, that too has to be taken into consideration at 18.

Message 5 of 73
Latest reply

and are there different rules for your daughters than your sons?  shouldn't be but I do hear that alot.

Message 6 of 73
Latest reply

thanks Purple taken on board, but i figured once over 18 they are adults but get your drift.

Well, there are 18yr olds that are mature and then again there are some that are not, and for that reason, I think 18 is too young.

My stepson is 19yrs. and he is still not mature and he is not allowed to have his g/friend stay here with his father and me or at his mothers place.

Message 7 of 73
Latest reply

As long as both parents know what is going on then I say 16. Better in your hose than in some alleyway somewhere.

Message 8 of 73
Latest reply

i would have voted 21 and over if it had been there.

It would also depend on how long the couple have been in a relationship

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 9 of 73
Latest reply

I've told mine when there is a ring on the finger.

Message 10 of 73
Latest reply