Australia Post go slow

Is it me or have others noticed a recent slowing of postal distribution centre processing times for items delivered from Melbourne

item 1  Sent 3rd Aug  delivered 9th Aug                                             6 days to deliver 🙂

item 2 sent 10 oct  delivered 16th Oct                                                 6 days to deliver 🙂

item 3 sent 21st Oct processed 28th in transit ......                             6/7 days to process.  what ????

item 4 sent 22nd ready for processing 28th oct.....                            6/7 days to be ready for processing . what ????

item 5 sent 26th oct shipping infomation recieved 26th oct .....       only the 30th - only 2 business days ...... tba

Since early October the service seems to have slowed at the distribution centres - gold watch envy or other issues like overwhelming increase in volume due to corona isolation online buying ?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Australia Post go slow

i think it just you, mine takes 4weeks and still not delivered

all Vic deliveries gets refunded by ebay in every complain case

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Australia Post go slow

imastawka
Honored Contributor

First world problem, complaining about mail taking 6 days or so.

Corona virus has forced Auspost to distance their workers, thus cutting the sorters down by half.

A lot of Melbourne mail has been sent to Sydney to sort, because the mail centres can't handle the volume.

I've had mail take 3 weeks to go from Melbourne to Melbourne.  Mainly because it went to Sydney and came back

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Australia Post go slow

I can beat that. I just had a letter take 15 days to go from Canberra to Canberra.

Which shouldn't have involved leaving the ACT at all.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Australia Post go slow

@imastawka wrote:

Corona virus has forced Auspost to distance their workers, thus cutting the sorters down by half.

A lot of Melbourne mail has been sent to Sydney to sort, because the mail centres can't handle the volume.

I've had mail take 3 weeks to go from Melbourne to Melbourne.  Mainly because it went to Sydney and came back

Evening shift ?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Australia Post go slow

@imastawka wrote:

seems once an item finally emerges from the " facility", the delivery time is reasonably quick for standard parcel post  - one of mine just delivered in 4 days from Melb to northern VIC from the "fascility"

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply