Bangladesh blogger Niloy Neel hacked to death in Dhaka

"A Bangladeshi blogger known for his atheist views has been hacked to death by a gang armed with machetes in the capital Dhaka, police say.

Niloy Neel was attacked at his home in the city's Goran area.

He is the fourth secularist blogger to have been killed this year by suspected Islamist militants in Bangladesh. . .

"He was the voice against fundamentalism and extremism and was even a voice for minority rights - especially women's rights and the rights of indigenous people," he said.

BBC World Service South Asia editor Charles Haviland says that, like previous victims, Mr Neel was not only secular but atheist and, like two of the others, he was from a Hindu, not a Muslim, background."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33819032

It's a strange religion is islam.

Its claim is to be a religion of peace and in the Koran it is written that there shall be no compulsion in religion.

see; http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-262-3441.htm

and yet, we see things like this happening with revolting regularity.

The Sunni hate the Shia and the Shia hate the Sunni and they often engage in armed assault against each other. and both groups unite in their hatred of the non-Muslim "infidel".

People say "But, oh, they aren't real Muslims and this isn't the real Islam"

(a charge often levelled against people belonging to the group called Islamic State.)

So, can someone please explain to me what the "real islam" is and how it is peaceful at heart?

What is the true nature of the peace of Islam?

I know I'm asking an impossible question here because how can any non-Muslim claim to know what the real Islam is when even real Muslims disagree?

Is it a bit of an arrogance for any non-Muslim to say "but they are not following the true Islam" ? (how would non-Muslims know, anyway?)

It's as if we want Islam to be something which it seems not to be and it's as if we claim to know what it should be.

I'm sure we would all just love the religion of peace to be truly peacefull, but what is meant by this "peace" they speak of?

What is it and how is to be achieved?

Message 1 of 125
Latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

I suppose it is just like extremist groups of Christians that kill doctors that do abortion's or Christian's who kill other Christian's or jews that kill another person just because of their religion.

Message 2 of 125
Latest reply

Gimme that old time religion.
Message 3 of 125
Latest reply

Hope you don't expect to get an answer here , all you will get here is the apologist trying to convince you and them selfs that all is good in the world and these people are a minority, when they are funded by the ruling class and driven by the heads of their religion

Photobucket
Message 4 of 125
Latest reply

So, can someone please explain to me what the "real islam" is and how it is peaceful at heart?

Sure, it's not.

What is the true nature of the peace of Islam?

Peace of islam? That's an oxymoron.

I know I'm asking an impossible question here because how can any non-Muslim claim to know what the real Islam is when even real Muslims disagree?

All the death and destruction they bring to non believers.

Is it a bit of an arrogance for any non-Muslim to say "but they are not following the true Islam" ? (how would non-Muslims know, anyway?)

That's propaganda. They live by it, clan against clan, region against region, they've been doing it for thousands of years and they excel at it.

It's as if we want Islam to be something which it seems not to be and it's as if we claim to know what it should be.

That's the game.

I'm sure we would all just love the religion of peace to be truly peacefull, but what is meant by this "peace" they speak of?

That's the game.

What is it and how is to be achieved?

Death to all non believers.

Message 5 of 125
Latest reply

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/01/mike-huckabee-end-abortion-military-intervention

So is this the Peace of Christianity, or is that also an oxymoron?

Message 6 of 125
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/01/mike-huckabee-end-abortion-military-intervention

So is this the Peace of Christianity, or is that also an oxymoron?

That's one persons opinion. An opinion that will never happen.

There are millions of muslim extremist worldwide killing people everyday in the name of allah.

Spare me the one or two Catholics here and there....acting on their own. Muslim extremist' are the militant arm of their religion. They don't want peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rMdC45S79uQ#t=55

Message 7 of 125
Latest reply

There are millions of muslim extremist worldwide killing people everyday in the name of allah.

And there are millions of other mulsims worldwide going about their everyday lives without the slightest desire to kill anyone in the name of allah - or fr any other reason

Message 8 of 125
Latest reply

Perhaps they just haven't read their Koran diligently.

My OP was posted in haste and while feeling very angry that people, any number of people, use religion as a justification to oppress other people who don't share their views.

Surely you must admit that of all the religions on earth, Islam excels in this.

Message 9 of 125
Latest reply

There are nutters everywhere who use religion as an excuse to commit atrocities I think its a shame that all muslims are being lumped together with the extremists. This is both unfair and insulting.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 10 of 125
Latest reply