Bangladesh blogger Niloy Neel hacked to death in Dhaka

"A Bangladeshi blogger known for his atheist views has been hacked to death by a gang armed with machetes in the capital Dhaka, police say.

Niloy Neel was attacked at his home in the city's Goran area.

He is the fourth secularist blogger to have been killed this year by suspected Islamist militants in Bangladesh. . .

"He was the voice against fundamentalism and extremism and was even a voice for minority rights - especially women's rights and the rights of indigenous people," he said.

BBC World Service South Asia editor Charles Haviland says that, like previous victims, Mr Neel was not only secular but atheist and, like two of the others, he was from a Hindu, not a Muslim, background."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33819032

It's a strange religion is islam.

Its claim is to be a religion of peace and in the Koran it is written that there shall be no compulsion in religion.

see; http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-262-3441.htm

and yet, we see things like this happening with revolting regularity.

The Sunni hate the Shia and the Shia hate the Sunni and they often engage in armed assault against each other. and both groups unite in their hatred of the non-Muslim "infidel".

People say "But, oh, they aren't real Muslims and this isn't the real Islam"

(a charge often levelled against people belonging to the group called Islamic State.)

So, can someone please explain to me what the "real islam" is and how it is peaceful at heart?

What is the true nature of the peace of Islam?

I know I'm asking an impossible question here because how can any non-Muslim claim to know what the real Islam is when even real Muslims disagree?

Is it a bit of an arrogance for any non-Muslim to say "but they are not following the true Islam" ? (how would non-Muslims know, anyway?)

It's as if we want Islam to be something which it seems not to be and it's as if we claim to know what it should be.

I'm sure we would all just love the religion of peace to be truly peacefull, but what is meant by this "peace" they speak of?

What is it and how is to be achieved?

Message 1 of 125
Latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Only a Muslim could correctly

Translate to English

Most likely a cleric of the highest

Order. 

Who is highly unlikely to translate

To English 

Something that could derail

The ultimate outcome

Message 121 of 125
Latest reply

There are a few different translations of the Quran, some attempting to be accurate and dispassionate, while some are more sympathetic and some less sympathetic to Islam

Some are available online as well as in bookshops and it is possible to read the same verse from different translations and come away with different perceptions about their meanings.

Message 122 of 125
Latest reply

Having studied at such depth

It is clear that your not too 

Ecstatic about your 

Conclusions lol

Message 123 of 125
Latest reply

I suppose it's fairly obvious that my conclusions are not of a positive nature.

Message 124 of 125
Latest reply

Its not rocket science

If it looks like a duck

And quacks like a duck

Has Web feet and feathers and 

Swims in the lake

You can be pretty sure that its not

A goat

Message 125 of 125
Latest reply