Beautiful Landscapes

This thread is for photos of beautiful landscapes anywhere in the world. There can also be buildings in these landscapes (if they are of historical value or typical of a country).
Please don't reveal what or where the landscapes are just under the photo, but in a spoiler, so that readers can challenge themselves and guess what the photos represent. If credits are given where you find the photos, add them to the spoiler too.
Have fun, and enjoy your trip around the world!

machupicchu.jpg

Spoiler
Machu Picchu, 15th-century Inca citadel located in the Eastern Cordillera of southern Peru 
Message 1 of 122
Latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

Re: Beautiful Landscapes

I tried to paint sunrise and sunset at a beach, when I was fifteen or sixteen. I have no particular talent in painting and I had no technique upon which to draw. I simply wanted to capture the beauty of the scene…

Well, the result was swirly and pinkish and not terrible… but our dog Patch (a gorgeous blue heeler) ATE the painting. She was a terrible wallpaper-ripper-offer, too…

Oh well.

The photos of your sunrise are beautiful and they do remind me of the scene I tried to capture…

Message 121 of 122
Latest reply

Re: Beautiful Landscapes

I like to paint and draw too, Countess, but not at the beach, At the beach it is difficult because 1. my beach is very popular with a lot of curious people and 2. there is almost always a bit of breeze, even when the weather is gorgeous.

(I had some art shredded by the tiny beak of a certain parrot that lives with me. Once he even had the audacity to poop on it while flying around. 🤣 Now I have to keep my work away from my little Terminator...)

Message 122 of 122
Latest reply