Beautiful Landscapes

This thread is for photos of beautiful landscapes anywhere in the world. There can also be buildings in these landscapes (if they are of historical value or typical of a country).
Please don't reveal what or where the landscapes are just under the photo, but in a spoiler, so that readers can challenge themselves and guess what the photos represent. If credits are given where you find the photos, add them to the spoiler too.
Have fun, and enjoy your trip around the world!

machupicchu.jpg

Spoiler
Machu Picchu, 15th-century Inca citadel located in the Eastern Cordillera of southern Peru 
Message 1 of 122
Latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

Beautiful Landscapes

arctoph_49
Community Member

This should be really easy, but I still like it because it has a personal meaning for me...

(I have to go out for a few hours, but I will be back soon.)

Golden-Gate-Bridge-San-Francisco.jpg

Spoiler
Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
Message 2 of 122
Latest reply

Beautiful Landscapes

ginashouse.jpg

Message 3 of 122
Latest reply

Beautiful Landscapes

imastawka
Honored Contributor

No need for spoilers.

Hovering over the pic tells us.

You'll have to rename your pics in your hard drive before posting.

Although......no-one is going to know where Gina's house is, especially without the spoiler.

Message 4 of 122
Latest reply

Beautiful Landscapes

shutterstock_1517171681-1024x683.jpg

Pamukkale, Turkey.

image host
Message 5 of 122
Latest reply

Beautiful Landscapes

Gina is very lucky. It is a wonderful landscape.

Message 6 of 122
Latest reply

Beautiful Landscapes

It appears that most images are renamed automatically  (username + a number) when uploaded apart from jpg images. A spoiler can contain more information anyway (maybe also credits because it takes some effort to become a good photographer), but sometimes people might want some privacy, like nicnacs_4U. When people post personal photos they might not want to share the location, that's why she didn't add the spoiler I think. It is still a beautiful photo and certainly a great location to have a house.

Message 7 of 122
Latest reply

Beautiful Landscapes

WP_20150422_14_59_40_Smart.jpg

Spoiler
Grand Canyon - Arizona.
Message 8 of 122
Latest reply

Beautiful Landscapes

What a wonderful idea for a thread.

All of these pictures are lovely, but I really fell in love with two of them in particular, for their different beauties: papermoon's and kopenhagen's. The ancient ruins in a glorious landscape versus glacier-blue pools against white rock... They have stolen the breath from my body.

Message 9 of 122
Latest reply

Beautiful Landscapes

No, you will not see the name of this wonderful lake by hovering!

Spoiler
Keriรฐ crater lake in Iceland

Message 10 of 122
Latest reply