Ben Stokes: Video

Ben Stokes: Video shows England Test cricket vice-captain throwing punches in Bristol brawl

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-28/english-test-cricket-ben-stokes-in-bristol-brawl-video/8997180

another sportsman who is anything but a sportsman.

if he cant drink and not turn into a thug maybe he shouldnt drink

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

The person who was knocked down looks like a girl to me! Dunno if I would regard it as unsportsmanlike tho. I'm not sure what the incident has to do with sport. David Warner bopped Joe Root on the nose and went on to make heaps of centuries. What does that mean?

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

What a thug!

That could've quite easily been a one-hit death punch

I think they should be given more severe punishments when they are held up to be

role models

not for sale - where is your brain to be making comments like that?

So it's ok to king hit a female, and you don't see anything wrong with this behaviour?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I think you need to re-read my post imastawka.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I did.    Maybe you need to explain it to me.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@not_for_sale2017 wrote:

The person who was knocked down looks like a girl to me! Dunno if I would regard it as unsportsmanlike tho. I'm not sure what the incident has to do with sport. David Warner bopped Joe Root on the nose and went on to make heaps of centuries. What does that mean?

where did i say dave warner hitting anyone was ok?

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@not_for_sale2017 wrote:

I read it again.......is it supposed to be sarcasm? 

Cos sarcasm doesn't work with the written word, unless you put in one of theseImage result for smiley sarcasm animated

And if it was sarcasm, then it's in poor taste IMO

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I did.    Maybe you need to explain it to me.

Ok then, if I must...

I was making reference to the comment that Ben Stokes is anything but a sportsman, because of this behaviour, when it had nothing to do with sport. David Warner punched Joe Root, and English cricketer, which I happen to think was very unsportsmanlike.

That video seemed to show a private, not sporting incident. And while I don't know what happened between the people involved, it was disturbing to watch, especially given that the person who was knocked down looks like a woman to me. But I don't think it had anything to do with sport, nor do I think it suggests anything about Ben Stokes' conduct as a cricketer. If that was a woman however, then my opinion of him as a 'man' has hit rock bottom.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Surely it doesn't matter whether it was a private or sporting incident!

The man is a bully and should be held accountable.  Whether the person hit was

male or female - they could've died when their head hit the road.

I'm not satisfied with your explanation in any case.  You seem to think that hitting

people is normal.

The man is the English Test Cricket Captain and should be held up as a role model.

Is this what we want to teach our young men - that this behaviour is acceptable?

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Listen imastawka, I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here. You are reading things into my post that are coming from within you, not me.

"You seem to think that hitting people is normal". Where on earth did that come from?

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply