Brain Operation.

A good friend's husband had a aneurysm operated on Saturday and is now talking a load of rubbish and she is wondering how long this will last as it is scary for their daughter.

He has been talk about the number and types of guns he has (he has never owned any weapons)

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Brain Operation.

6 and three quarter days.

seriously sorry for your friend. but do you really think someone here can answer that?

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Brain Operation.

Best to talk with the neurosurgeon.

And maybe explain because of the operation it can put pressure on parts of the brain for a while therefore patients often talk as if in dreams. Some can even talk in a foreign language that is not native to them.

It is common and usually part of the healing process.

image host
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Brain Operation.

j*oono
Community Member

Do you know whether he had it clipped or did they use a coil?

Mine was clipped and I don't really remember about the first few days and whether I was talking rubbish but if he is like me, then my words would come out jumbled at times for at least a week but getting better each day.

It's only been two days so far so things should improve very soon.  Mine happened just before Easter a couple of years ago and I couldn't get the words Easter eggs out properly.  I was calling them something like collateral damage!

Joono
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Brain Operation.

Sorry to hear about your friends husband. Has she spoken with the Doctors about this.  ( I trust that she has )  Strange this happen after Trauma to your Brain. It must be very scary for the family. The Doctors & OT's etc do amazing work.  😞  Hope things sort themselves out and he make a great recovery. It may just take time and lots of therapy.   Slightly off the subject. I recently read somewhere, that a man who was in a Coma for, I think 10 years, suddenly woke up and can now speak many languages fluently. How bizarre is that ?????

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Brain Operation.

Yes she has spoken to the Drs and been told it could take between a couple of days to a few weeks for him to return to a normal thought pattern.  We were hoping someone here may have had some first hand experience. 

While he was a work on Friday afternoon he felt like someone had hit him on the back of the head with a very large hammer.  He said something to a workmate who took one look at him and called the ambulance.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Brain Operation.

He's very lucky he had a quick thinking colleague.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Brain Operation.

See j*oono's post 4 OP - she has had 'first-hand' experience 

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Brain Operation.

I'm wearing my invisibility cloak Laney 😄

Joono
Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Brain Operation.

My best friend had the same thing and was calling her pillows hand bags.

Took a couple of weeks for her to say the right names for things, poor guy I know what my friend went through, if she gets a head ache she is still frightened.

She got up one morning  and did not have any balance and a bad head ache that is how she found out she had a problem, so glad she went to the doctors straight away.

hugs to your friend and her husband XXX

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply