Broken Fingernails....

Do people really whinge about breaking a nail??? hahaaa!

I always thought it was one of those things said in a joking way.....not something that a person would really complain about??

Does anyone else know someone who does this...or do you ?

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Broken Fingernails....

@soul_art wrote:

Do people really whinge about breaking a nail??? hahaaa!

I always thought it was one of those things said in a joking way.....not something that a person would really complain about??

Does anyone else know someone who does this...or do you ?

Yes, I do. When they break down to the bleeding point I sure do have a whinge because it usually is accompanied by pain.

Message 2 of 58
Latest reply

Broken Fingernails....

Well yes freaki, I would think we would all go "ouch" then but I mean, a run of the mill broken nail.

This person also complains when her hair is blown by the wind lol

I think it's funny....I guess it depends on what's happenning in your life as to how important things are.  She knows I laugh about these things btw

Message 3 of 58
Latest reply

Broken Fingernails....

I had a major melt down on here a couple of months ago about broken nails.
I had been nursing my nails for about 6 weeks for a special occasion and then I broke some the week before.
I was devastated. LOL

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

Broken Fingernails....

I dont usually, but did tonight when I bent one of my long nails back.........just the thought of it sends shivers down my back, I whinged to my husband and he told me I was clumsy.........

Usually I dont.

Message 5 of 58
Latest reply

Broken Fingernails....

Hahaa! well, it isn't really funny lurker....you were keeping them nice for a special occasion.

Message 6 of 58
Latest reply

Broken Fingernails....

@soul_art wrote:

Well yes freaki, I would think we would all go "ouch" then but I mean, a run of the mill broken nail.

This person also complains when her hair is blown by the wind lol

I think it's funny....I guess it depends on what's happenning in your life as to how important things are.  She knows I laugh about these things btw

If it's only a minor break I don't worry about it. They grow back fast enough. Mine usually only break if they get too long.

Message 7 of 58
Latest reply

Broken Fingernails....

hehe I wish I had some nails to  break!!lol

Message 8 of 58
Latest reply

Broken Fingernails....

Did it break purple ahize or just sort of crease?  I know it can sometimes hurt but I mean a normal "caught on something" rip/snap no pain involved. My friend gets upset about the look not because it hurt.

I told her to go to the nail tech if it bothered her so much, or cut the others to match.....I got the "Are you CRAZY" look.

Message 9 of 58
Latest reply

Broken Fingernails....

I'm a shocker with nails too nicnacs.....They get in the way so I rip them off, though I'd try to have them looking nice for a special occasion.  I'd rather spend time using my hands than looking at them though!

Message 10 of 58
Latest reply