COMMERCIAL AIRLINE RECLINER SEATS

just spent days on malay airlines, four legs in total.

greatest flamin' annoyance no risk was the seat to the front of me when

selfish bleeps fully reclined 'em.

ban 'em all, i say

wot do you say 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

aaagghhhh you have hit on my pet hate!  Annoys the **bleep** out of me!

I sat on a Jetstar flight (I know, my own fault probably) to Auckland recently.  The bloke in front of me reclined his seat all the way back, effectively halving my space.  When I asked him, very politely, if he could not have it quite so far back he just called me names and laughed with his girlfriend sitting beside him.  Between him and the little girl behind kicking the back of my seat all the way, I nearly went mad. 

It was only 3 hours for gods sake.  He couldn't have sat up straight for that long?

I agree!  Ban them, particularly on short haul flights.

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

There never seems to be a lot of room, I often wonder how tall people cope as my knees are almost touching the seat in the front and I am not even tall.

I saw the head of China Air interviewed not long ago and it was so interesting to listen to the lengths they go to for space and weight, even down to water bottles that are carried on board.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

would appear to be the biggest flamin' irrit for all air travellers.

staff sheila offered no assistance to try to solve the prob.,

she could see wot that was.

i paid for a space on that flight, fair gave me the dirts that the character in front took 'is, and then took some of mine          

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

You should go by Virgin...........I went to New Zealand and back with Virgin and never had that problem.

Last year I went to Adelaide from Melbourne and back with Virgin had good flight, both ways.

I would never travel by Jetstar or any of the cheaper ones...........not that I am flushed with money, I am not, just prefer to have a better flight.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Also, went on a long haul to the USA, and around USA with United, and had no problems with people putting the seats right back, maybe I have just been lucky.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

there's a small device available, called a knee defender, cinches onto the seat, prevents the nark in front from movin'

the seat.      oi'll be fixin' the prob. m'self next time.      self-help.   

Man LOL       

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I have never noticed, my flights are usually purchased by price and convenience and availability, as well as the airport locality.

Is this one of those First World Problem things?

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

The answer is to book your flight early and reserve either the front row seats or the emergency exit seats, usually get slugged an extra $20 but for my 6*2 OH it's worth every cent!
Although I know this isn't possible when the flight is spur of the moment.
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

front row seats means also avin' to put up wit baby cots and squealin' babies, if there are any rugrats aboard.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply