Cadbury pull out of Hobart...

...so is it too late to re-route that waste of funds to SPC as should have been done in the first place?

Message 1 of 105
Latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: Cadbury pull out of Hobart...

I think the Greens are against it. am I wrong or aren't they quite vocal over live animal export?
Message 91 of 105
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:
Who Julia or me? I am strongly against religious slaughter and live animal export and always have been

Here's the thing. The animal dies. Religious slaughter is no better or worse than non religious slaughter. Repeat: the animal dies.

End of discussion. 

Message 92 of 105
Latest reply

The difference is animals being slaughtered slowly or quickly

end of discussion
Message 93 of 105
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

end of discussion

Okay, I guess you have no idea on the process. Stunned, then killed versus shot in the head with a bolt. Please, tell me and everyone else which is quicker? And then tell me which one the cow cares about?

Sorry, I mean more pleasant. Both mean death.

Message 94 of 105
Latest reply

Temple Gandin has done some amazing studies and work with the slaughter of animals.  

Well worth looking up if you're interested in cattle and humane slaughter.

Message 95 of 105
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

But who's more civilized?

i would think that comes with knowledge and understanding.

new  decisions are based on  new knowledge although

unstunned slaughter has been banned in norway since 1930's.

And of course that is because they banned KOSHER slaughter because kosher slaughter is the only method which requires the animal to be alive for it to be kosher.

Norway (as do most scandinavian countries) allow halal slaughter and their legislation specifically covers this becaue halal slaughter can occur immediately AFTER stunning.

In most Scandinavian countries, kosher food has to be imported. Buy halal slaughter is acceptable.

Interesting how a simple fact can twisted to suit our aversion to islam...

Message 96 of 105
Latest reply

@vicr3000 wrote:

Yes, isn't it.

I know the RSPCA is against the exemtions, it would be interesting to know what the Greens position is.

Probably support the minority, even if it is cruel.

What has it got to do ith the Greens.

Far out. There are lots of ridiculous off topic comments on this thread but that one blew me away for it's complete innappropriateness.

Message 97 of 105
Latest reply

@nevynreally wrote:

@debra9275 wrote:
Who Julia or me? I am strongly against religious slaughter and live animal export and always have been

Here's the thing. The animal dies. Religious slaughter is no better or worse than non religious slaughter. Repeat: the animal dies.

End of discussion. 

you need to accept that a lot of people believe,

based on science, that stunning is more humane.

the animal dies but the method matters - not to you -

i get that.  

Message 98 of 105
Latest reply

@nevynreally wrote:

@debra9275 wrote:

end of discussion

Okay, I guess you have no idea on the process. Stunned, then killed versus shot in the head with a bolt. Please, tell me and everyone else which is quicker? And then tell me which one the cow cares about?

Sorry, I mean more pleasant. Both mean death.

In fact nev you are correct.

Halal slaughter in Australia is the quickest and most humane death of an animal as the animal has to be bled within a short time after stunning and drained as quickly as possible.

In non halal abbotoirs, an animal could be hanging around for hours while they are slowly bled to death on the production line.

But I suppose that scenario doesn't count...

Message 99 of 105
Latest reply

That would be Temple Grandin

Message 100 of 105
Latest reply