Caitlyn Jenner says transgender girls shouldn't get to participate on girls' sports

Caitlyn Jenner, a candidate for California governor, said in an interview Saturday that she did not believe transgender girls should be allowed to participate in girls' sports.

Jenner, a Republican who came out publicly as a trans woman in 2015, made the comments in a seemingly impromptu interview with TMZ as she walking out of a Starbucks with her dog.

"This is a question of fairness," said Jenner, who in 1976 won gold at the Olympics. "That's why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports in school. It just isn't fair. And we have to protect girls' sports in our schools."

Caitlyn Jenner says transgender girls shouldn't get to participate on girls' sports teams because it...

Good on you, Jenner.

As a trans woman, well said and rightly so.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Caitlyn Jenner says transgender girls shouldn't get to participate on girls' sports

At the risk of all that will no doubt follow, but yes I agree.

Gender reassignment doesn't change the actual physical 'strength' of a born male and (sorry to all feminists) the male is physically stronger than the female in most aspects

Just my 2c worth

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I agree too,  something strange must have happened to the world while I was sleeping.

Hell,  I have agreed with  Caitlyn Jenner!

And surprisingly  US students  cheering the removal of a certain Flag, and it was diversity week!

There may be hope for the  World after all

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I know right? Twilight Zone.......

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

There may be hope for the  World after all

Coz, this is a worldly issue, that threatens the livelihood of each & every one of us .. Who cares?!

Signatures suck.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I am going to go back to bed and see what changes there are when next I arise,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umj0gu5nEGs

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I agree too, if it is a question of fairness. But what are transgender girls to do if they want to engage in a sport? Should they be denied the opportunity, or should transgender games and sports be introduced? It's okay to say girls' sports need to be protected, but the liberal rights of transgender girls need to be protected as well.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I sort of agree๐Ÿ˜Ž.

If you are talking about elite sports and athletes at the top of their game then I agree that transgender girls may have an unfair advantage over other girls involved in the sports.  However, as a very non athletic girl at school, I can assure you there was no need to be transgender to easily beat me in any athletic pursuit (you should have seen the size of some of the girls in the opposing netball team!!)  ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

Caitlyn Jenner, a candidate for California governor, said in an interview Saturday that she did not believe transgender girls should be allowed to participate in girls' sports.

Jenner, a Republican who came out publicly as a trans woman in 2015, made the comments in a seemingly impromptu interview with TMZ as she walking out of a Starbucks with her dog.

"This is a question of fairness," said Jenner, who in 1976 won gold at the Olympics. "That's why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports in school. It just isn't fair. And we have to protect girls' sports in our schools."

Caitlyn Jenner says transgender girls shouldn't get to participate on girls' sports teams because it...

Good on you, Jenner.

As a trans woman, well said and rightly so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stands to reason. I wonder if we'll be hearing the "Self loathing" accusation now.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

And there have been kids banned from playing sport, in their relevant age groups, purely on their size, whilst others have been banned from competing,  at higher levels, due to their age.

Life has never been Fair or Equal, and never will be.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply