Can a car be racist

martinw-48
Community Member
So there's a lot of people that lose their .... over this particular car

https://youtu.be/ZIdCspwvYUk

Is it possible for a car to be racist. Back when this TV show was made there wasn't the controversy over this particular car.

I realise that times have changed but it was good family entertainment in it's day
Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Can a car be racist

go-tazz
Community Member

@martinw-48 wrote:
So there's a lot of people that lose their .... over this particular car

https://youtu.be/ZIdCspwvYUk

Is it possible for a car to be racist. Back when this TV show was made there wasn't the controversy over this particular car.

I realise that times have changed but it was good family entertainment in it's day

Sooner or later any item,speech,action,etc can be termed as racist to someone who takes offense and

perceives it to be racist.

That car can't be listed on eBay for example for the same reason that the nazi flag,etc can't be listed as they

have been determined as offensive and racist to some people even though that might not have been the

intention when that flag was put on the car as others believe it's part of history.

Sometimes you see items listed that may be deemed to be offensive and somehow they got through the system

but then the next day they may be gone and a seller sanctioned for listing it.

Others go through and sell so it wasn't picked up,no one reported it or it was simply allowed as as it fitted

into that small criteria of being a "legal" listing.

Also "racist" is often used where there is none simply as a tool to bring discord.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

Can a car be racist

martinw-48
Community Member
Tazz, you can sell that car on ebay.
There's plenty of General Lee cars on ebay right now
Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

Can a car be racist

martinw-48
Community Member
Tazz, 1139 listings just in toys and hobbies ATM
Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

Can a car be racist

martinw-48
Community Member
Tazz, 9489 listings in all categories ATM
Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

Can a car be racist

i would suggest if the flag is an issue re selling, id cover it but say in the description the flag is being covered for legal reasons.

or if ya clever blur that area.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

Can a car be racist

martinw-48
Community Member
David, I'm not selling it
Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

Can a car be racist

Fella who bought my A9X used to have Wayne Negus' HDT A9X race car still in war trim, he got hassled so much and threatened of fines he ended up selling it, couldn't even park it in view of the public outside his commercial property that he had!

Signatures suck.
Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

Can a car be racist

there are thousands of models of ww2 german aircraft, tanks ect for sale. they dont seem to have problems with the display of nazi flags

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

Can a car be racist

martinw-48
Community Member
David, I know that the Swastika was banned in Germany for years from being included in model kits but I don't think that it is anymore
Message 10 of 40
Latest reply