Catholic church promotes devil theory.

Outrageous Stolen Generation lesson labelled emotional abuse

An outrageously stupid idea from a school trying to give its class a lesson on the nation’s Stolen Generation has been deemed “emotional abuse” by fuming parents.

According to reports a group of Year 4 students at St Justin’s Catholic primary school at Oran Park in Sydney's south-west, were tricked into thinking they would be taken away from their parents if they weren’t looked after properly.

And a spokesperson for Catholic Diocese said the lessons won’t be stopped.

Speaking to The Sydney Morning Herald, 10-year-old Kynan Wykes, said a nun came into his classroom holding a letter that she said came from the Prime Minister's office.

She explained the children could be taken away from their parents, and when students asked their teacher to confirm this was true, she played along with the hoax, according to reports.

It is understood many students were brought to tears, and they weren’t told it wasn’t real until minutes before the final school bell rang.

Naturally, Kynan’s mother Natalie Wykes isn’t impressed.

''This is emotional abuse,'' she told The Sydney Morning Herald.

''He came home and he said, 'Mum, I got really scared at school today'. This should never happen to another child.''

Three Year 4 classes at the school were reportedly given the same lesson. However, two of those classes were told early on that it was all part of a role play while Kynan’s class wasn’t given the same news until late that day.

As a response to criticism, the Catholic Diocese of Wollongong said it would look at refining the way the lesson is implemented, assistant to the director of schools Tim Gilmour said.

''This was intended to give students experience of a scenario that was part of our nation's history,'' Mr Gilmour told The Sydney Morning Herald.

''We wanted to ask them how they would feel if we did that now.

https://tenplay.com.au/news/national/june-2017/outrageous-stolen-generation-lesson-labelled-emotiona...

The catholic church is often accusing society of iniquitous deeds so when asked to set the bar higher the catholic church has failed. Given that some accuse religions of promoting the ‘sky fairy’ game the lesson on the stolen generation comports nicely with that theory.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Personally, I agree that it's emotional abuse. But was it irresponsible or typical of an institution with a history of abuse dating back centuries. The really disappointing thing is that nothing will likely be done about it. Sure, there will be the usual rhetoric, but that's about all.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

IMO, there are plenty of ways to teach our young children about Australian History, but that wasn't one of them!

I believe that the Nun was in the wrong in her approach to the subject matter. 

Do I think it was *emotional Abuse*  ...... yes.... and any form of abuse on children, elderly, disabled, frail or the vunerable is a criminal offence that requires mandatory reporting.

Someone needs to be held accountable for this MASSIVE blunder...  but I bet no-one will be.... Typical of the Catholic Education System!!!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Mothers of other children in that class have posted on facebook that there are no nuns at the school, it was a regular teacher and the children were told before they began the lesson. I wonder who is telling the truth>?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

19554283_10211700335957779_8596792036465058813_n.jpg

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I agree that if it happened exactly as the news report stated, it would be emotional abuse.

But the media can get things so wrong.

I was reading a news report on the internet just a few weeks back. It was about the Lindy Chamberlain case.

I don't know who wrote it but it stated a huge, slavering dingo had been caught with the baby in its mouth, but police believed the baby had had its throat cut and had been deliberately left out for the dingoes to take.

I could not believe my eyes. That report has now been revised, i noticed. But really, how could any reporter who bothered to do even the quickest scan of wikipedia come up with that nonsense?

How did it even make the internet without editing? It wasn't a private blog, it was a company news site.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply