Church of Scientology

martinw-48
Community Member
Amazon is going to be giving money to the Church of Scientology.
I can't believe that this cult is allowed to exist and has tax free status.
I don't buy anything through Amazon and I never will now
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Church of Scientology

@martinw-48 wrote:
Amazon is going to be giving money to the Church of Scientology.
I can't believe that this cult is allowed to exist and has tax free status.
I don't buy anything through Amazon and I never will now

Aust Government to WA Evangelical Churches to gain votes and new members, but I can't really see what Amazon have to gain?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/feb/25/wa-churches-with-liberal-links-win-grants-of-...

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Church of Scientology

In my opinion, that cult is just a money making setup that somehow convinces people, who should and could know better, that it is a "church".   Scientology is a dead end institution constructed to abuse/use those who cannot discipline themselves within their own lives using their own brains.   Certain people seem to need a cult to run/ruin their lives.  Very sad.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Church of Scientology

Every time you buy something, do you ask the seller what they'll be spending the money on, or whether they donate any of it to a church or other group, just in case there's something in their life you don't agree with?
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Church of Scientology

Martin, it appears any Amazon money going to that cult is the buyer having to voluntarily elect to do it, nothing automatic will happen.  So you are safe to buy from them if it really is set up that way.  I can understand why it would make you cautious though.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Church of Scientology

martinw-48
Community Member
Where the money goes does influence my decisions.
I won't buy any Coca Cola products, including their water because they took the Northern Territory to court to prevent a container recycling scheme.
You can spend your money wherever you want that's your choice.
I'm not telling you not to buy from Amazon
I'm saying that I won't
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Church of Scientology

That was a really bad move by Coca Cola, seems a very unreasonable thing to do.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Church of Scientology

Long memory Martin - 7 years.

Buy any of these?

Coca Cola Amatil owns 48 beverage and food brands in Australia, including Mount Franklin, Fruit Box, Powerade, Goulburn Valley and SPC, and alcohol brands Jim Beam, Canadian Club and Maker's Mark.

They own other things too.

https://www.news.com.au/national/anger-at-cokes-successful-bid-to-abolish-northern-territory-recycli...

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Church of Scientology

martinw-48
Community Member
Nothing they own.
It's very difficult but can be done.
Coca Cola must hate me I've been sending them complaints for the whole seven years.
To their credit they reply but it's pretty much the same spiel every time.
I often take pictures of Coca Cola beverage containers on the ground to add to my emails before I pick them up.
Another thing that really annoys me about making a complaint to Coca Cola is that you have to provide all your information including your date of birth.
This has been the subject of some complaints too.
I always make my date of birth the date of my complaint
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Church of Scientology

@imastawka wrote:

Long memory Martin - 7 years.

Buy any of these?

Coca Cola Amatil owns 48 beverage and food brands in Australia, including Mount Franklin, Fruit Box, Powerade, Goulburn Valley and SPC, and alcohol brands Jim Beam, Canadian Club and Maker's Mark.

They own other things too.

https://www.news.com.au/national/anger-at-cokes-successful-bid-to-abolish-northern-territory-recycli...

Looks at list and thinks, nup, dont buy any of those products

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply