Compassion.......

.............what is it in your understanding or your concept of it.

A lot of people go on and on about compassion so let's see your concept of it

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Compassion.......

trying to understand and alleviate the suffering of others
Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Compassion.......

twy, all others or a select  group ?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Compassion.......

anyone you might come into contact with
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Compassion.......

I wonder if all those who claim to be compassionate have the same concept of compassion.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Compassion.......

I think some people use sympathy/empathy/compassion interchangeably
Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Compassion.......

Some even use the claim of compassion as a label to elevate themselves in their own eyes and as an attempt to elevate themselves in the eyes of others

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Compassion.......

I always thought compassion and empathy were interchangeable, but I showed this thread to the other half.

We had a discussion and decided that compassion implies action. Alleviate suffering, show mercy.

We feel empathy.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Compassion.......

Umm, sorry, that reads a bit formal.

Our discussion was North Qld style ... sitting outside, shooting the breeze with knock off drinks on a Friday night.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply