Corona Virus Panic Buying

As shoppers prepare for a coronavirus pandemic there’s one item people can’t buy enough of – toilet paper.

While many are stocking up on pantry staples such as pasta and flour, a new photo taken inside a Costco store shows this is the one product people are most afraid of running out.

“Can someone please tell me WHY these idiots are panic buying all the toilet paper ???” the caption reads.

But they’re not alone. Scores of shoppers have been sharing on social media how toilet roll sections at their supermarkets have been decimated.

The hysteria comes despite Prime Minister Scott Morrison telling people today not to panic buy.

“Just before coming into this press conference earlier today, I spoke to both Coles and Woolworths, just to get an update on their arrangements, and I appreciate their response and the steps they are taking to assure people and their own customers,” he said.

“They would send the same message I am sending you today. It is important that people just go about their business and their normal processes in a calm manner.

They had spoken to me about the arrangements they have in place around their supply lines and things like this, but I would just urge people to be going about their business in the normal way when it comes to those matters.”

Leading Australian toilet paper manufacturers have also told news.com.au there is no need to panic as we won’t be running out of rolls anytime soon.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/toilet-paper-will-coronavirus-panic-see-us-...

"It is important that people just go about their business and their normal processes in a calm manner."

Woman LOL

Good to see our PM has a sense of humour.

But really! Toilet paper?

Message 1 of 328
Latest reply
327 REPLIES 327

Re: Corona Virus Panic Buying

@icyfroth wrote:

The latest thing is female hygiene products.

Substitute for toilet paper ? 

Message 281 of 328
Latest reply

@snow*jewel wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

Local Coles has finally got a very large shipment of loo paper in today and got on top of the madness. Spoke to one young bloke who works the checkout. Not thin skinned, just a regular bloke. He recieved 37 abusive, nasty complaints from loo paper customers yesterday in a four hour shift. He didnt count the polite enquiries and questions about restocking, just the abusive ones.

😞

The run on loo paper is astonishing - but if it continues is hysteria 

Message 282 of 328
Latest reply

It will continue,  you can bet on it. 

Message 283 of 328
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

The latest thing is female hygiene products.

Substitute for toilet paper ? 

No. But I guess you wouldn't know.

Message 284 of 328
Latest reply

89186496_3827873917285186_5647064404265533440_n.jpg

Message 285 of 328
Latest reply

suppository?

Message 286 of 328
Latest reply

Image result for toilet paper fight meme

Message 287 of 328
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

Local Coles has finally got a very large shipment of loo paper in today and got on top of the madness. Spoke to one young bloke who works the checkout. Not thin skinned, just a regular bloke. He recieved 37 abusive, nasty complaints from loo paper customers yesterday in a four hour shift. He didnt count the polite enquiries and questions about restocking, just the abusive ones.

I was talking to a bloke stocking the shelves in Aldi and he said he's seen a few brawls over toilet paper, not in that store but in others.  I was curious and had to see if they had any toilet paper (no) but never thought to look in Woolies.  They had a few packets of tissues in Aldi and two Arab women were taking as many as they allowed (4 boxes each).  

Apparently the cash registers automatically let them know if someone tries to get too many out in one go.  I told him they should drop the limit to one SHEET of paper, not one packet.  

Bunnings had paper in their public toilets today, which surprised me. They even had a spare roll.  Somebody's slipping...

Message 288 of 328
Latest reply

what about 'crepe paper' from stationary stores?

you could cut it into strips

Message 289 of 328
Latest reply

But the dye comes out of crepe paper when wet.   Trust me.   

Message 290 of 328
Latest reply