Derryn Hinch forms his own political party

http://www.justiceparty.com.au/#!Press-Release-Hinch-Goes-Into-Politics/e8gil/561a43aa0cf297bd685ddd...

Veteran journalist Derryn Hinch today announced his entry into federal politics with the formation of his own national party called, Derryn Hinch’s Justice Party.

He said the Justice Party will stand candidates in all states and territories in the federal election next year and will himself stand for a Senate seat in Victoria.

Hinch said media reports last week wrongly suggested he would stand as an independent on an ‘anti-paedophile’ platform. ‘Single issue candidates rarely get elected’.

He said: ‘The Justice Party stands for justice and equality in so many areas of our lives. There’s our petition, bail reform and justice in sentencing, but also the courts have to start taking the epidemic of domestic violence more seriously. Also when you talk about equal rights it must mean equal rights for all Australians. So that all people can live and marry and work like everybody else -- plus equal pay and equal reward -- whatever their colour, creed or sexuality’.

A long-time advocate of Oscar’s Law, Hinch said animal justice was also a priority on the Justice Party agenda.

‘Our slogan is: It’s just common sense. So call us the common sense party.’

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I can't see him getting to far  into politics

i put him up there with pauline hanson.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I'm not sure. I think that the issues he is focussing on are worthwhile and he doesn't appear to be a bigot or racist. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Justice in sentencing

Bail reform

Domestic violence law reform

Equality

Animal justice

Public register of convicted sex offenders

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Will stand for what he believes.  That's okay by me.

DEB

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@bluecat*slowdancing wrote:

I'm not sure. I think that the issues he is focussing on are worthwhile and he doesn't appear to be a bigot or racist. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

agree.  animal justice.

http://www.justiceparty.com.au/#!issues/nxmta

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

He is 71--had illness in the recent past--may have left it a bit late.........Richo.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I think he is outspoken i like that in a person, but there is a lot of others who don't.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@latina4621 wrote:

Interesting you say that latina, I've seen quite a bit of footage from youtube with him on Sunrise with Pauline.  

He might do okay with those policies.  Dont think I'd vote for him though... I think he has an attitude problem tbh, if he wants to suceed in politics he'll need to tone it down a bit. Jmo. 

And One Nation need a better spokes person, everytime I see Pauline speak publically, she always seems so nervous, and she doesn't articulate well, I mean she still says Austraya fgs. 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@secondhand-wonderland wrote:

@latina4621 wrote:

Interesting you say that latina, I've seen quite a bit of footage from youtube with him on Sunrise with Pauline.  

He might do okay with those policies.  Dont think I'd vote for him though... I think he has an attitude problem tbh, if he wants to suceed in politics he'll need to tone it down a bit. Jmo. 

And One Nation need a better spokes person, everytime I see Pauline speak publically, she always seems so nervous, and she doesn't articulate well, I mean she still says Austraya fgs. 

i think you're right.

one nation seems to have support

even with her as the leader.  imagine

someone more articulate.

http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/pauline-hansons-facebook-post-on-muslims-gains-support/stor...

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply