Detectives raid property in search for missing toddler William Tyrell

nero_bolt
Community Member

One can only hope for a result

Detectives raid property in search for missing toddler William Tyrell

DETECTIVES have reportedly raided a property on the New South Wales mid-north coast in the search for missing toddler William Tyrell who vanished without a trace four months ago.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports homicide detectives are now almost certain the three-year-old was abducted.

Wearing a Spiderman suit, William disappeared from his grandmother’s Kendall home, just south of Port Macquarie on September 12.

He was playing in the backyard with his sister.

A thorough 10-kilometre search of the surrounding bushland, which involved members of the NSW Police, Rural Fire Service, State Emergency Service and hundreds of locals, failed to find any trace of the young boy.

The Sydney newspaper this afternoon reported that detectives travelled from Sydney to the neighbouring suburban town of Laurieton, south of Port Macquarie, on Tuesday to search a unit above a set of shops.

It’s believed they spent most the day searching the property where they seized a number of items, including computer equipment and a single mattress which will undergo forensic testing.

“Today police are searching a number or premises and speaking with numerous people as the search for William Tyrell continues,” a NSW Police spokesman told reporters.

http://www.mygc.com.au/news/detectives-raid-properties-searching-for-missing-toddler-william-tyrell/

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Detectives raid property in search for missing toddler William Tyrell

Interesting. Briefing at 2.00pm

Apart from that below, I also read that he is not the suspect but that he might know who is.

"The head of the investigation, homicide Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, arrived at the Bonny Hills semi-rural property a few minutes after Mr Spedding was seen leaving in his work van about 8.30am."

Inspector Jubelin walked around the property with a colleague for several minutes before leaving.

Police have repeatedly stressed the 63-year-old is not a suspect but a "person of interest" in relation to the suspected abduction of the toddler who vanished from his grandmother's Kendall home almost six months ago.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

@polksaladallie wrote:

It was reported this morning that "a person of interest" was seen driving past the search site yesterday.

It is common for the perpetrator to visit either the search site or the burial place of his/her victim.  The urge to do this overpowers the wisdom of staying away, or so I have read.  These are the kind of mistakes that the investigators wait for.

Is the POI the same one police visited this morning?

Does he have to drive past there to do his job?

Who else drove past there?

I have lots of questions, lol but there are also rubber neckers who do this, aren't there? like floods.............. and accidents, some people are just determined to look.

I heard on the radio that the POI is the same person whose property has been searched, and who drove past the site yesterday, and whose home was revisited this morning. 

Wasn't his van seen at the first search site also?  I might be mistaken with that.

I would think that every vehicle would have been recorded, and sorted as to the relevance.  They would know whether his job took him past there.

Whoever it was, I can't bear to think of the darling boy and his last minutes or hours.  That horror, and his whole life taken from him for a few minutes of pleasure for someone.  (If that is what happened).

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Whoever it was, I can't bear to think of the darling boy and his last minutes or hours.  That horror, and his whole life taken from him for a few minutes of pleasure for someone.  (If that is what happened).

Same.

When the NSW Crimestoppers asked NZ Crimestoppers to do appeals for William in NZ,  I had hoped some remote family member had taken him over to NZ to hide and avoid detection and he is still alive... but it appears the overseas appeals were just to cover all bases.

As I said above, I still think there could be some connection between BS and the person who did abduct William. BS could have told the abductor ( extended family member,close friend) about the house he went to and that small children would be visiting there, just in general conversation.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

Why have we not heard anything from the parents? Neither mother nor father have apealed on TV or Newspaper to the public to give any information. What is so secretive about their private life that is more important than the life of their child?

Six month is a long time to find a small child.

Erica

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Erica I remember Azure suggesting that he might be a foster child, and if so, information would not be released about his own family or his foster family.   Parents pleading on television would make no difference.  That is done at the request of the investigators, and sometimes in order to get someone to make a mistake.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

William's biological parents don't have custody of him.

The foster/adoptive parents are the ones who had taken him to visit their family which is where he disappeared from..

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

@lind9650 wrote:

Why have we not heard anything from the parents? Neither mother nor father have apealed on TV or Newspaper to the public to give any information. What is so secretive about their private life that is more important than the life of their child?

Six month is a long time to find a small child.

Erica

He is a foster child. The press aren't allowed to publish any details about the family. I think that is pretty standard for all foster children..e.g. - a foster child at school can't have his/her photo in the newspaper, e.g. if there is a story going the local newspaper about activities at the school and a few students have their photo taken for it.

Foster parents are restricted with publishing photo's of a child too. As are parents who have had their child taken off them and put into a foster family.

William's sister would need to be protected also.

The police say they are in daily contact with his parents (foster).

William disappeared wtihout trace (tracking dogs found no scent past the end of the driveway at his Grandma's house where he disappeared from)

Not much for police to go on initially.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply