Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Re: Diary of our stinking Govt.

@paintsew007 wrote:

ref.

Tony Abbott and Shinzo Abe to sign Australia-Japan free trade deal

....Hmmmmmnnnn.....I took a few hours to study exactly what products will be included in this latest FTA with Japan.

The seafood and meat produce items got my main attention -yes, whale is there as is dolphin, beef.....you name it....offal (like tongue etc).........many, many things in the produce arena made exempt or reduced.  

All I see is a resulting,horrendous price hike on these same items for Australians at the checkout.

Nice that you read graph posts Paints, I rarely bother.Woman LOLseems that our Prime Miniature tony the one and lonely abbott (read that name today, made me laugh) foul comments about Japan in WW11 haven't gone unnoticed, that was pretty disgusting even for a dill like him - new low achieved.

Message 981 of 17,615
Latest reply

@boris1gary wrote:

Paints, then there's this....do you think abbott is Gollum or Mr Potato Head?

Canada’s Toronto Star pilloried both Canada’s and Australia’s prime ministers in a withering piece headed

‘Stephen Harper and Tony Abbott deserve each other'.

Author Christopher Hume described the pair as 'Gollum and Mr. Potato Head' and a 'matched pair of fossils' who

'... in their short-sighted neglect of global warming ... let cash rule everything around them.'

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3x_UKxe16Tc/Ucy39R2MYrI/AA...
Message 982 of 17,615
Latest reply

"This morning senior NBN Co executives confirmed that so far the company had been unable to connect a single user to trials of the Minister's preferred Fibre to the Node technology in Umina, NSW, and Epping, Victoria."

That sounds bad, then I noticed the link was from  the Green's site, and believing their accuracy and bias to be on a par with some "Independent citizen blogger" sites,  I checked.

Financial Review 7 July.
The company building the national broadband network has invited construction firms to build 300 ­fibre-connected nodes at Umina on the NSW ­central coast, where NBN Co  previously experimented with the technology.

Wait there's more: "Malcolm Turnbull's NBN plan is in tatters after revelations in a Senate hearing today that not a single user has been connected to its Fibre to the Node trial, despite announcing the pilot nine months ago."

Scott Ludlum should post here, as he also appears averse to researching.

Campbell Simpson 8 July 2014 Gizmodo
"it’s easy to determine the average speed of FTTN as the rollout has extended so far. Taking all 69,000 properties measured so far by myNBN across the eight trial areas, the average connection speed of a fibre to the node NBN line should be 46Mbps. Obviously the closer a premises is to whichever node is serving it, the faster speed it’ll be able to access; in Caboolture, for example, 3.72 per cent of properties on the FTTN NBN should be able to clock connection speeds of over 100Mbps, while 24.77 per cent should reach at least 50Mbps."

So summing up for the Green  Scott Ludlum:
No connections to  nodes still to be built !
Not a single user has been connected to the Fibre to the Node trial, apart from :  69,000 properties

Most definitely a suitable candidate for the pink  herd !

Myopic Tongues2 Small.jpg

Message 983 of 17,615
Latest reply

As of today fibre to the node trial has no users.

They have an order and a couple of ISPs interested but they don't have any users yet. 

Scott Ludlum only reported what NBN Co told the Senate.

Message 984 of 17,615
Latest reply

I got connected to the NBN recently (under a Labor signed contract , FTTP). The installers didn't seem happy with this Govts NBN policy/terms.

Message 985 of 17,615
Latest reply

@cherples wrote:

As of today fibre to the node trial has no users.

They have an order and a couple of ISPs interested but they don't have any users yet. 

Scott Ludlum only reported what NBN Co told the Senate.

To be precise they came back with the answer that 4 RSPs have signed up for the Umina trial and they have 5 customer orders to deliver soon.  

The Epping pilot hasn't started because the power supply is not appropriate and they're looking for a solution to the power supply problem.

Message 986 of 17,615
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

I got connected to the NBN recently (under a Labor signed contract , FTTP). The installers didn't seem happy with this Govts NBN policy/terms.

Lucky you  😄

Message 987 of 17,615
Latest reply

to Boris:

Prime Miniature tony the one and lonely abbott (read that name today, made me laugh)

............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Message 988 of 17,615
Latest reply

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

this one made me laugh out aloud also! ........  

TesosterTone      Man LOL

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2014/07/abbott-feels-the-pain-of-pups-with-teeth/

Message 989 of 17,615
Latest reply

then there's       Phony

"Somebody who pretends to be something else.......  It's like a bad actor."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Phony

Message 990 of 17,615
Latest reply