Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Re: Diary of our stinking Govt.

Idle

They don't like being reminded of that. Rudd and Murdoch were FAR closer than Abbott is.

Rudd wanted Murdoch to help him get certain jobs so to speak, you, jobs for the ALP boys Smiley Wink

Message 7641 of 17,615
Latest reply

Tony Abbot's best maaaaaate!

..........Abbott is at the helm right now. Yes, previous Australian PM's may have done nothing about these corporate tax leeches but we are all looking at Abbott right now....in fact,

'It's Time!' to sort this corporate tax avoidance scam out. 

Message 7642 of 17,615
Latest reply

Eric, Joe & Chris wouldn't go down well in QLD....best to stay away.
Message 7643 of 17,615
Latest reply

Will ANY of Cameron Newman's Federal LNP maaaates give him a show of support?

I mean, it is unheard of, isn't it?........when was the last time ANY Federal LNPers did NOT PUBLICLY APPEAR IN A STATE ELECTION to support a colleague?

Message 7644 of 17,615
Latest reply

Paint

Are you one eyed ?

Message 7645 of 17,615
Latest reply

Aps

Is this a jibe?

Message 7646 of 17,615
Latest reply

Just a tactic to distract you from posting truths about Abbott GovtWoman Happy

Message 7647 of 17,615
Latest reply

Not sure what a jibe is, I don't use that word.

Does it mean a dig at you ?

Then yes.

It was in relation to the HUGE BOLD FONT of Tony Abbott's mate at the top of your post.

Message 7648 of 17,615
Latest reply

Did you know companies pay accountants lots of fees to make sure they meet their tax obligations and none of them use tax minimisation (avoidance) schemes lol.

Tax cheats to win from ATO cuts, insiders say 

Tax Office workers say the agency's massive job cuts have hurt its ability to catch Australia's corporate tax cheats.
Public servants at the ATO's tax compliance unit have responded to a union survey with 75 per cent of them saying budget cuts have affected the Tax Office's capacity to monitor and audit companies rated a risk of tax avoidance.

The compliance workers say cases are being "compromised' because of a lack of resources and that wealthy tax evaders would stand a better chance of getting away with cheating as the multi-agency "Wickenby" operation faces funding cuts.
But the Tax Office said it was keeping its focus on taxpayers who posed "the highest risk" and was beating its targets for revenue collection.

SMH

Message 7649 of 17,615
Latest reply

I agree re nothing to apologise for. I detest this having to "apologise for the past" mentality that has crept into

the way of thinking of some. I mostly see it as a money grab opportunity.

Hhhhhhmmmn!

So, same could be said for Abbott and Murdoch and quite a few others in Govt, hey?!

I never said that there were not others that could be accused of same from past.....but I think it is best to stay on task and in the present.

Abbott is responsible for any corporate tax dodgers atm. Full stop. Nothing one-eyed about that.

Message 7650 of 17,615
Latest reply