Dishonest Union Ads in NSW Election.

ladydeburg
Community Member

I have been watching for a few weeks now and was deeply concerned that the ads  being run by unions is completely dishonest. Is it legal to do this? I asked a political scientist and he said that the ads being run by unions NSW were bordering on the worst advertising he had ever seen in an election.

I was relieved when I saw the interview on channel 9 last night and Luke Foley trying to explain away the unions campaign.   was disturbed that Luke Foley saw nothing wrong in the campaign being run by unions NSW, the union that is bankrolling the Labor campaign.

All I can say is thank goodness somebody finally shone a light on it.  

http://www.9news.com.au/sitecore/content/news/news/national/2015/03/03/19/48/luke-foley-tells-peter-...

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Dishonest Union Ads in NSW Election.

To be honest, a 99 year lease is effectively a sell off.

Having said that, neither party is promoting the intrests of their voter base, and the only real option these days is the Greens.

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

Greens

Only if you want the state to go backwards.

The Greens will kill off ALL investment in NSW.

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

I haven't seen the union ads for privatising hospitals comparing to American hospitals, lately.

I wonder what Union members think about the ads.  And how their money is spent after the Top Dogs get their bite first. Along with Cabcharge accounts, etc.  a la Thomson, Williamson,......

DEB

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

ladydeburg
Community Member

Another worrying aspect of this dishonest campaign is, where is the ABC here, where is Laurie Oakes, he's nowhere to be seen even though he's the top political reporter for channel 9.

Also another concern  is, where is the truth in advertising body?.

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

Laurie Oakes may have retired - he's over 70.  Maybe he'll be around for some guest commentary soon.

Edited:  Sorry.  Maybe he's on holidays, before coming back refreshed for the NSW election week.

DEB

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

I think there's some degree of dishonesy in all political advertising,... From everyone
Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

I have to agree but this is well over the top and is puzzling that the Honesty in Advertising wasn't on it.

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

If its OK for people like the Prime minister to lie to the people I don't see what your upset about.

Dont they lead by example 

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

@the_hawk* wrote:

If its OK for people like the Prime minister to lie to the people I don't see what your upset about.

Dont they lead by example 

That is your opinion but nothing to do with the topic which is about the Unions NSW dishonest campaign and the support Luke Foley is giving it because the unions are bankrolling the election. That in itself is deeply concerning.

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply