Dishonest Union Ads in NSW Election.

ladydeburg
Community Member

I have been watching for a few weeks now and was deeply concerned that the ads  being run by unions is completely dishonest. Is it legal to do this? I asked a political scientist and he said that the ads being run by unions NSW were bordering on the worst advertising he had ever seen in an election.

I was relieved when I saw the interview on channel 9 last night and Luke Foley trying to explain away the unions campaign.   was disturbed that Luke Foley saw nothing wrong in the campaign being run by unions NSW, the union that is bankrolling the Labor campaign.

All I can say is thank goodness somebody finally shone a light on it.  

http://www.9news.com.au/sitecore/content/news/news/national/2015/03/03/19/48/luke-foley-tells-peter-...

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Dishonest Union Ads in NSW Election.

@the_hawk* wrote:

If its OK for people like the Prime minister to lie to the people I don't see what your upset about.

Dont they lead by example 

That bit is on topic - dishonest 

Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

@ladydeburg wrote:

@the_hawk* wrote:

If its OK for people like the Prime minister to lie to the people I don't see what your upset about.

That is your opinion but nothing to do with the topic which is about the Unions NSW dishonest campaign and the support Luke Foley is giving it because the unions are bankrolling the election. That in itself is deeply concerning.

isnt your topic about honesty?

or are you just Union bashing

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

@the_hawk* wrote:

Do stay on topic am3

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

@the_hawk* wrote:

Totally agree and the interview Luke Foley gave re inforces that fact. It was patently dishonest the way he tried to say those ads were union ads but couldn't say anything after he was reminded that unions NSW are bankrolling his campaign.

So 100% correct about the dishonesty. 

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

Glad you agree Tony is a lying deceitful egotistical bully

Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

I don't understand what your issue is? What is it the unions are lying about? And why are their ads 'bordering on illegal'?

The ads I have seen are stating the obvious - our electricity providers are about to be sold off, our hospital budgets are going to cut and our schools will be fiscally degraded. If you have a look at Bairds policies, this is exactly what he is doing. Which part of this is a lie?

Another worrying aspect of this dishonest campaign is, where is the ABC here, where is Laurie Oakes, he's nowhere to be seen even though he's the top political reporter for channel 9.

And how the heck did the ABC get caught up in this? What do you expect the ABC should do? And I don't know if you've noticed, but the ABC do not have adverts. So clearly your comment is simply a broad general swipe at the ABC that serves no purpose whatsoever.

Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

@vicr3000 wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

@the_hawk* wrote:

Do stay on topic am3

It is on topic.

Where does one find these alleged dishonest 'Ads'?

I get flyers in the mailbox stating what liars the current NSW State Govt are and how they are wrecking this and that.. good flyers.

To quote Martini's post above which is more specific:

The ads I have seen are stating the obvious - our electricity providers are about to be sold off, our hospital budgets are going to cut and our schools will be fiscally degraded. If you have a look at Bairds policies, this is exactly what he is doing. Which part of this is a lie?

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

@ladydeburg wrote:

@the_hawk* wrote:

That is your opinion but nothing to do with the topic which is about the Unions NSW dishonest campaign and the support Luke Foley is giving it because the unions are bankrolling the election. That in itself is deeply concerning.

And so what if unions donate funds? That is what the Labor Party stands for after all - helping the average Australian worker.

Is it less or more concerning that the fact that for-profit and self interested corporations fund the Liberal campaign for Baird?

At least the unions have my (and your) interests at heart. How does the millions that Murdoch/Rhineharts/Fairfaxes send to the Liberal Party help Australians in any way?

Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

I need

I think you are a bit one eyed there.

Big business fund Labor just as much.

And the Unions have their own interest at heart first before yours.

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

@ladydeburg wrote:

I have been watching for a few weeks now and was deeply concerned that the ads  being run by unions is completely dishonest. Is it legal to do this? I asked a political scientist and he said that the ads being run by unions NSW were bordering on the worst advertising he had ever seen in an election.

I was relieved when I saw the interview on channel 9 last night and Luke Foley trying to explain away the unions campaign.   was disturbed that Luke Foley saw nothing wrong in the campaign being run by unions NSW, the union that is bankrolling the Labor campaign.

All I can say is thank goodness somebody finally shone a light on it.  

http://www.9news.com.au/sitecore/content/news/news/national/2015/03/03/19/48/luke-foley-tells-peter-...

https://cafewhispers.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/the-little-book-of-big-liberal-lies/

Photobucket
Message 20 of 43
Latest reply