Do you REALLY need to use the special glass cook top cleaner?

I have finally had my kitchen renovated, and just had a lovely new glass cooktop put in.

It came with a sample pack of ceramic cook top cleaner and also one of a "protector".

Do you really need to use that stuff and does it prolong the life / looks?

Opinions please!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Do you REALLY need to use the special glass cook top cleaner?

I used to have a ceramic cooktop. Always used the ceramic cook top cleaner (bought from the supermarket).

I wasn't aware of any protector available then but I think it would be worthwhile using that too. Does it need to be put on daily or occasionally? Toe help prevent scratches?
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I don't use it quite as often as they recommended but I think it does help protect the glass. Makes it look nice and shiny too

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

I have always used ceramic cook  top cleaner.

It is non-abrasive and made specifically for the job for the special glass used. .

One of my cook tops  is 12 years old and looks brand new.

Ceramic cook tops are not cheap and it is worthwhile to look after them.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I used Windex...worked well

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Twinkles, have you been watching the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The father in that used winddex for everything from acne cure to cleaning his car. My OH cracks up every time I use it.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Your cooktop will develop white marks very soon.  When I first saw them, I thought some water had found its way underneath the glass.  But the cleaner will make them disappear.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I never had any white marks appear on my ceramic cooktop?. Just marks if a pot had overboiled, which was cleaned of easily later when the cooktop had cooled down. I cleaned it everyday.. didn't take long (if it was used everyday).

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@b3llag1na wrote:

I have finally had my kitchen renovated, and just had a lovely new glass cooktop put in.

It came with a sample pack of ceramic cook top cleaner and also one of a "protector".

Do you really need to use that stuff and does it prolong the life / looks?

Opinions please!

yes you REALLY REALLY have to.......otherwise the inbuilt sensor will know that your not and explode

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

I never had any white marks appear on my ceramic cooktop?. Just marks if a pot had overboiled, which was cleaned of easily later when the cooktop had cooled down. I cleaned it everyday.. didn't take long (if it was used everyday).

How to Remove White Stains From a Ceramic Stove Top

http://www.ehow.com/how_5647181_remove-stains-ceramic-stove-top.html

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply