Do you have a tattoo, your a criminal in QLD

Over-the-top bikie laws make ‘criminals’ of anyone with tattoo

http://www.cla.asn.au/News/bikie-laws-criminalise-innocents-in-qld/

Message 1 of 178
Latest reply
177 REPLIES 177

Re: Do you have a tattoo, your a criminal in QLD

And I like the stigma being attatched to tattoos

This bit crikey.. what is the stigma you see (one that has already existed for ever?... people look down on others with tattoo's)

Or a new stigma  in light of these new laws.. the stigma of  tattoos = suspected criminals.

If teens are silly and middle aged OLD men are silly, then why leave out the over 20 females? Are they silly or old in your opinon too?

Message 81 of 178
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

It is not illegal for anyone over 18 to get a tattoo.  To want  people with tatts photographed and recorded with police??

Would that apply to someone who had a teeny tiny butterfly tattooed on their butt? Where would it end?

BTW, if this is dirtected at me, did I say I wanted it?

No, it is in reply to hawk's comment about Newman wanting people with tatts to have them photographed and recorded with police.

Where would that start and end./ all. people with full facial/body tattoos down to those with a teeny tiny one not visible by anyone in public?

Message 82 of 178
Latest reply

Well I will convey your message “that’s great”  to my DD of 44, she has a tattoo on her shoulder blade which she had done in memory of her brother (my Son)  who passed away  at the age of 20 from a genetic heart condition. It’s a Celtic design with his name, DOB and DOD. My ex-Bridesmaid, now aged 66, whose husband passed away in September last year, is having a Tatt on her wrist this Friday...his name & the date they were married. Obviously both are hardened criminals and their names should be on the Police Register. I have never had the urge to have a Tattoo, not because I find them a stigma, I just never thought of them as being essential in my life.

Message 83 of 178
Latest reply

If they're hardened criminals, of course they should be on the register 😄

If not, what's there to worry about?
Message 84 of 178
Latest reply

some to think beyond "that'd be cool" who get tattoos for silly reasons .

That doesn't apply to your family/friends wmatilda.

Message 85 of 178
Latest reply

Newman even wants people with tatts to have them photographed and recorded with the police

Where does it say there, only hardened criminals with tattoo's would be required to be photographed and recorded?

Message 86 of 178
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

And I like the stigma being attatched to tattoos

This bit crikey.. what is the stigma you see (one that has already existed for ever?... people look down on others with tattoo's)

Or a new stigma  in light of these new laws.. the stigma of  tattoos = suspected criminals.

If teens are silly and middle aged OLD men are silly, then why leave out the over 20 females? Are they silly or old in your opinon too?

what?

please read exactly what I wrote, please!

*pleading eyes*

*begs*

I did not say that all teens were silly, nor did I say that all middle aged men were silly, not did I say that if they belonged to this demographic and got a tattoo that they were silly.

I said it may make those who fall within that demographic think a bit harder before getting a tattoo for the wrong reasons.

I have teens, that is why that demographic is important to me.

I know a man who had a mid life crisis and got a tattoo rather than a sports car, but it didn't solve his real issue anyway.

That's just why I referred to those two demographics - it was my opinion. If it stops others from getting poorly thought out tattoos as well, then that is good too.

PLEASE, I beg you, please don't make out I said more than I did. It was a straighforward statement, no need for it to be twisted!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 87 of 178
Latest reply

@just_me_karen wrote:
If they're hardened criminals, of course they should be on the register 😄

If not, what's there to worry about?

I am sure the Nazis reassured the Jews when they recorded all their details and applied them with a personal tattoo

Message 88 of 178
Latest reply

wmatilda  I sorry for the loss you and your family have sufferd,

many of the comments being made are not so much about the topic but more to do with past history between posters that are attempting to make the topic a personal dispute.

The whole issue with Tatts is it a personal decision and it really only concerns the person concerned and has nothing to do with others or the government. 

Message 89 of 178
Latest reply

Hawk, I have not seen any problems locally with bike riders and tattoos................... is there really a push for Newman requiring photos and registration of tattoos?

Message 90 of 178
Latest reply