Does it bother you if threads go off topic?

Or if people make off topic posts in threads?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 259
Latest reply
258 REPLIES 258

Re: Does it bother you if threads go off topic?

The rule says discussion boards, not threads.

Message 61 of 259
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

My understanding is that it relates to the topic started as well, I would be happy if you guys could check with the moderators for clarification but I think you will find that quite a few posters have had posts removed for being off topic within a thread:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

Posts being removed for being off topic within a thread is not mentioned AT ALL in the board usage policy.

If members are having posts removed or being sanctioned or suspended for this, then it is being done outside the board usage policy that we agreed to when we signed up.

It appears that the board usage policy as it applies here is being rather loosely interpreted and applied.

“I’ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!” Sheila
Message 62 of 259
Latest reply

I think Buzz, AM 3, and Freddie are correct and I gave them Kudos

Message 63 of 259
Latest reply

I know what you are all saying, would appreciate you getting clarification from the mods as I have.

It's a ridiculous rule as it causes a disturbance to otherwise friendly banter. Unless the topic has been changed to cause problems.

Photobucket
Message 64 of 259
Latest reply

But Az & Buzz, that doesn't explain why some posters are having posts removed for being off topic on here. jMHO but it should only apply to the help boards
Message 65 of 259
Latest reply

That is how it was under the previous system.  It was the reason given to move a thread that is on the wrong board to the correct one.

Message 66 of 259
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:
But Az & Buzz, that doesn't explain why some posters are having posts removed for being off topic on here. jMHO but it should only apply to the help boards

but are they? and have they queried it, if so?

Message 67 of 259
Latest reply

Wouldn't it be up to individual posters who get that sort of mail to individually query it with the moderators?

Message 68 of 259
Latest reply

I can't answer that Az
Message 69 of 259
Latest reply

Take for instance Catty's thread, now that thread is a thread which has always been anything goes, from broken hearts, to illness, to sick kitties, to holidays, to gardening, to kidlets, to cooking and back again. How would that thread survive it it was a requirements to stay on topic?

Message 70 of 259
Latest reply