Does it bother you if threads go off topic?

Or if people make off topic posts in threads?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 259
Latest reply
258 REPLIES 258

Re: Does it bother you if threads go off topic?

What annoys me (amongst other things) is when posts are removed for off topic, but the individual who complains about off topic is effectively being off topic themselves, and is not removed. The system encourages dobbers.
Message 81 of 259
Latest reply

Good on you Az. I hope you get a response
Message 82 of 259
Latest reply

@freddie*rooster wrote:

@freakiness wrote:

@freddie*rooster wrote:

Yes and it would appear they BP, so here's hoping the Mods see how silly this rule is.

Is off topic really a reportable offence?

As far as i'm aware it has never been a reportable offence on CS or CW, so I can only assume it's a new ebay policy.

i have been smacked for it a few times over the years, not recently though.

i think it was a falback offense for when the mods were at their wits end with a person but that person was posting within the rules..

Message 83 of 259
Latest reply

I got a reply, I have a new bestie now Heart

Message 84 of 259
Latest reply

I think it's more of a fall back for BP'rs who can't find anything else
Message 85 of 259
Latest reply

Yeah I think you're right, Deb.
Message 86 of 259
Latest reply

@freddie*rooster wrote:

I didn't........what did yours say?

Message 87 of 259
Latest reply

@freddie*rooster wrote:

Bet mine was better than yours  Mind you I'm still trying to work out what it means lol

Message 88 of 259
Latest reply

I think EVERYONE should contact the mod who has pm'd them, for ANYTHING and get clarification about the rule of off topic (not including interpersonal disputes) and ask if it should be disregarded in CS, due to the nature of the board itself.

Message 89 of 259
Latest reply

Clarification would be good Az

I have had off topic reports in the past here and on the answer centre boards.I don't feel that someone's post is necessarily off topic because another poster/group of posters see it that way.Especially when their expressed opinions on off topic posts seem very selective.Read a line or two from a book to a group of people ...will they all think the same things after hearing it ? Will discussion of it branch out ? I expect that it would and should 

What is confusing is that it appears that threads/opening posts that are actually ebay related (off topic for CS boards) stay on CS and posts that are general discussion within it removed as being off topic .

If all posts were on topic for that opening post (off topic for CS ?)  they would actually be off topic for CS just as the opening post is .

Could leaving a thread that is off topic for CS on CS be encouraging other member to commit policy violations ?

Karen, I agree with the need to update things so that we know what the go is.It seems as though the Policy/board user/content etc  information on the American board may be more accurate than what .Also agree with the comment about people posting that other people are off topic.I think that it can be both a control tactic and one designed perhaps to get a particular reaction .

Message 90 of 259
Latest reply