Essendon Airport DFO plane crash

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Essendon Airport DFO plane crash

Money over lives.

DFO, being built so close, was insane.

No airport should have buildings that near. Particularly complexes that could have many people put at risk.

The pilot has been, well, the focus of media stories since. Before the official investigation has concluded. That's out of order and lacking respect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

i doubt we will ever know what really happened. the plane was from what i have seen completely destroyed, very little evedence to get the answer from.

my thoughts are a fuel problem/blockage. stopped one engine (to which the pilot radioed about) then stopped the other before he could alert the tower. as he was trying to turn back to the airport he lost all power and crashed. as there are no 'black box' things on light aircraft so i heard theres no on board information to get.

blaming pilot error is allways the 'easy' solution.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Agree, I think a fuel contamination or blockage but only one engine and the answer may never be found.

At the low speed and climbing they appear to have crashed only as taking off and had virtually no altitude.

It appears the pilot had no chance and wouldn't have mattered who the pilot was unless he missed some pre-flight checks.

I think their fate was sealed before they took off and there was nothing anyone could have done.

image host
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

What I have heard, from another pilot, is that the GPS failed too...how, or exactly when, I do not know.

The official investigation will take some time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply