Everyday some innocent child has been hurt or killed...why??

Feeling very upset and sad that nearly everyday we hear and read that some innocent child or children  have been hurt by either a family member or just a stranger....some poor baby has sufffered burns to herself after her "father" set her alight..can`t understand is it drugs i.e ice that make`s an a.......hole do this? anger??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

More kids seem to be harmed by family members or close friends than by strangers

The murder of that tot in Mildura is so tragic, I feel there is more to that story

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Australia makes it too easy for the wrong people to have children.

Everyday I see mothers n fathers with very little parenting skills and that is often the beginning of a downward spiral.

I know of several teens having had babies to either get attention or because their parents didn't care, letting them roam free.

Education is the key.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Australia makes it too easy for the wrong people to have children.

Everyday I see mothers n fathers with very little parenting skills and that is often the beginning of a downward spiral.

I know of several teens having had babies to either get attention or because their parents didn't care, letting them roam free.

Education is the key.

Education??? You don't need education to know not to hurt or kill kids. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

In the UK it's usually to get the key to your own council flat. Works a treat, apparently.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

euthanasia springs to mind.

Mad dogs are euthanized aren't they?

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

joa_ell
Community Member

My neice has become a herion attic, or so i'm told. She has a little baby of her own, a boy. My sister (her mother) wote her off and my dad, who told me about all of this has as well. They are trying to take her child, and maybe rightfully so if the drugs are more inportant to her as they tell me. But still, I don't see how her mother, and grand dad can just write her off. If she was my child, I would never give up on her, never stop trying to get her clean and want the best for her. To not take her child but put her in a position to where she can be a part of her boy's life. For her, and the boy's benifit.

I can't even get a message to her. It still rings fresh in my mind when she was a child, she aggravated everyone with some anti drug commercial she seen on TV,

"Just say no to drugs" she would yell "NO DRUMS, NO!" The commercial didn't work on her I guess.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

The father of that  little girl in Mildura has said that the family was being watched by Child Protection.  What a shame they didn't step in more forcibly. 

Joono
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

apparently the 'mother' was warned a few times to pick up her game.

I hope she is hit with some charges too - she knew he was abusing her kids yet did nothing to stop him.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

there seem to be so many case Australia wide lately where child protection are aware of children at risk but they do nothing. I can't understand it.. nor can I understand people who hurt innocent little children- especially when it's their own parents

this little girl in WA, she has severe burns to her face , ears and back.. so if she survives.( I haven't heard a report on her condition this morning.) she will be scarred for life  by her father, one of the people she trusted the most in the world

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply