Florida Man Ordered To Keep BBQ Smoke On Property By County Officals

joa_ell
Community Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2eoRZlebBg

A Florida man had a ongoing issue with a neighbor for over 3 years. Everytime the man would BBQ she would call the police,fire dept and now county officials. The man was told that BBQ smoke had to stay on his property according to a local ordinance.

My question, is this Florida man a criminal? He did break the law, didn't he? Another question. What if this was someone smoking a ciggeratte, cigar, or a pipe? Would the County Officals treat this as bad, or worse, or not take it serious at all?

My inquiring mind wants to know.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why not ask on the US boards? This has nothing to do with our legal system.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Why doesn't he just move his barbecue to a different area where it's not affecting the neighbour.  You'd think after three years he would have figured that out by now.
There is a hell of a lot of smoke coming out of that webber.  What the hell is he cooking?

Joono
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Anyway.  That's not a barbecue.  This is a barbecue.

barbecue.jpg

Joono
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Why doesn't he just move his barbecue to a different area where it's not affecting the neighbour.  You'd think after three years he would have figured that out by now. There is a hell of a lot of smoke coming out of that webber.  What the hell is he cooking?

I can't but help but think that even if he packed it all up and moved it to a park, the neighbor would follow him, and still call in complaints. But maybe not, could be worth a try.

Forgive me for injecting alittle sarcasam here, but should I call in a complaint every time I passed by a resturaunt and caught the smell of something cooking?

"I'm on a diet, trying to lose some weight, and that chicken joint down the street is making me hungry. Close it down please"

Oh, and it's not a barbeque unless it attracts your neighbors, not to complain, but to grab a plate and dig in. Yummm

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Oh, and it's not a barbeque unless it attracts your neighbors, not to complain, but to grab a plate and dig in. Yummm

How true is that.  Nothing smells better than the snags sizzling on the barbie.

Joono
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply